Rough Ride

rogue212005

Reaction score
Okay, so when running down the highway at about 65-70 mph the truck feels like your riding a washing machine. Very rough vibrations. I'll be honest this is my first 4x4 truck and not overly sure what to expect. Figured things would be stiffer than my 2wd 97 but this is ridiculous.

Erki

Reaction score
Is it only rough at Highway speed? What tire pressure are you running? Tires out of balance? How old are the tires? Is the truck lifted or leveled?

rogue212005

Reaction score
In town it will let me know if I hit a bump, but the vibrations start around 65 or so... Went out and checked tires were running at 40 psi, let them all down to 35 per the door jamb, can't comment on age of tires but tread still looks good, they were on the truck when I purchased it. I don't believe any level has been done, and definitely no lift. Cooper Tire Discoverer A/T3's they have been balanced before (have the weights on them) but not sure if still in spec.

Erki

Reaction score
Vibrations sounds like out of balance but that's just a guess. The bump in town sounds like a spring or shock situation. That's just my 2cents. Maybe someone else will join in with an idea.

2003tahoe

Reaction score
I had same issue on mine it was cause by the front tires swapped to back and it fixed it found out the ones on the front had no wheel weights so yea and i also put the stabilizer and fixed little wandering

rogue212005

Reaction score
Just to close this up (hate it when people don't finish these) Took it to the mechanic tires were "way out of balance." Truck rides much smoother now at all speeds, thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.