Transmission hot

Chaingun427

Reaction score
Looking for some direction with an error message in getting
Truck is an 04 tahoe
6.2 bored lq4
4l80e swapped ( guessing 2300-2500 stall, trans and converter were used)
Long tubes, baby summit cam, other minor mods
Derale 28k cooler
And cluster swapped from an 03 escalade

My issue lies somewhere between the transmission, pcm, and cluster, but I'm not sure exactly where.

Any time the trans temp exceeds 150 degrees, the cluster will randomly trigger a "transmission hot" message, even though scan data confirms the hottest reported temp to be 180 degrees. Transmission hot mode in the tune is set to 266 degrees, and no dtc or change in shift modes are present when the message pops up, and flow through the cooler is fine.

I'm unsure what parameters are causing the transmission hot message in the DIC without triggering the hot mode in the tune.
Could it be that the cluster came from a vehicle only ever equipped with a 4l60e/65e?
I do have info on how to download the cluster binary and edit it, though i haven't had time to do so yet.

stutaeng

Reaction score
I don't believe the cluster would be the issue, but maybe you can send it to one of those places that checks them? I swapped cluster from a 2500 with the transmission temperature guage on my 99 1500 also with a swapped 4L80e, and it works fine.

Chaingun427

Reaction score
No dice. Id think with the set time being 24 hours at 266 degrees that it can't possibly set, but I'm still getting the DIC message

Attachments

• 20220610_105701.jpg
    20220610_105701.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1

stutaeng

Reaction score
I can check what my parameters are for that value. I had a guy delete the VATS and do a segment swap for the 80e on mine. Truck had 4.3 and I swapped to a stock LM7, along with transmission swap.

But I have since acquired HP tuners and have opened the file that's on my truck.

Members online

No members online now.