Truck won't let me turn the key...

Bonecollector

Reaction score
My 2002 gmc Sierra ext cab 4x4 SLE sometimes won't let me turn the key unless I jiggle the steering wheel, I pulled all this phone crap out of yesterday
y3avy6y7.jpg

The people who installed this system took power from my ignition wire...
yhy3edu4.jpg

So I experimented with jiggling this wire while trying to start my truck with the ignition locked it immediately started, repeated test and I believe this is the problem

Now my question is what do I do about removing where they spliced and mending this so I can start my truck with ease, I don't want to mess up my security and all that

Sent from Team Sierra

Erki

Reaction score
I'd cut the splice out. Solder the wires back up and heat shrink. Good as new. Find a different power source for what ever is spliced in.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I removed the system, don't need power anymore just looking to remove and repair the damage done, should I remove battery cables for this so truck doesn't think it's an attempted theft?

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Ok may have to buy one and then practice on scrap wire haha

By disconnecting the battery I will by pass the security in a way?

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I didn't open it up yet but I can't imagine it's very good as its causing an issue now, I wasn't planning on pulling it apart till I was ready to fix it

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Wasn't too bad, I just traced all the wires and ensured that they weren't anything important and managed to remove the whole system with only cutting 1 wire, still haven't spliced that wire but it starts so when it causes more problems I'll be fixing it 100%

Sent from Team Sierra