Upfitter Switch Wiring

jhama78

Reaction score
Posting this since I just used it to find the beacon light wiring above the headliner in my 06.

First remove the b-pillar trim, watched this vid to see how thats done

once thats done remove the rear grab handle and drop the headliner enough to reach in and pull the wiring out of the brackets attached to the roof structure.

I rolled up the wiring and left it at the bottom of the b-pillar behind the trim panel until I need it to power auxiliary lights or something.

Heres the electrical info - P A-24 is where the beacon switch info is.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/2006_LD_CKFullSizeElectrical.pdf

Cheers!

-j-rod

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posting this since I just used it to find the beacon light wiring above the headliner in my 06.

First remove the b-pillar trim, watched this vid to see how thats done

once thats done remove the rear grab handle and drop the headliner enough to reach in and pull the wiring out of the brackets attached to the roof structure.

I rolled up the wiring and left it at the bottom of the b-pillar behind the trim panel until I need it to power auxiliary lights or something.

Heres the electrical info - P A-24 is where the beacon switch info is.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/2006_LD_CKFullSizeElectrical.pdf

Cheers!

-j-rod

So you talking extra switches right? Where you going to put them?

jhama78

Reaction score
No, not adding extra switches at this time. This is a factory switch that came for trucks with the snow plow prep package or any of the other upfitter options. Its a pushbutton on the dash to the right of the HVAC controls that is pre-wired with a relay and can support a 30 amp load for a flashing light/beacon, rooftop spotlight etc.

Heres a pic:

beacon.jpg

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, not adding extra switches at this time. This is a factory switch that came for trucks with the snow plow prep package or any of the other upfitter options. Its a pushbutton on the dash to the right of the HVAC controls that is pre-wired with a relay and can support a 30 amp load for a flashing light/beacon, rooftop spotlight etc.

Heres a pic:

View attachment 749

That's a new button I've never seen before. Is that currently hooked up to anything?

jhama78

Reaction score
That's a new button I've never seen before. Is that currently hooked up to anything?
Its pre-wired to a relay in the drivers b-pillar that has a set of heavy leads taped to the roof structure for installation of a beacon or spotlight on a snow plow truck. I pulled the wires down to the bottom of the b-pillar and plan to use them for something in the future.

Members online

No members online now.