wanna add power seats

BigWhiteZ

Reaction score
Ive got a 2000 gmc z71 that has manuel seats and a fold up console. I wanna swap them out with leather power seats with the floor console. Any one ever done this change over before and if so is there power and connectors already ran under the carpet or would I have to run my own power supply?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I'd start by investigating what's under your seats and determining If you need to create your own wiring harness which may be the case, if possible trace the wires in another truck that has them and see where they go and get power from, the rest should just bolt into place

Sent from Team Sierra

BigWhiteZ

Reaction score
As far as bolting up thats no problem cause its all the same seat brackets but the only wires coming out from under the seat is just for my seat belt indicator light on the cluster. I dont think there is any extra plugs or power supplies tucked away under the carpet since my seats are full manuel. I just wanted to get some outside input before I started running power wires from the under hood fuze box just to find out that I had plugs and wires already there the whole time

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I think mounting the new console will pose some challenges, hopefully it bolts into the middle seats mounts, should put up pics of the process of swapping from cloth no power to power leather seats and full console

Sent from Team Sierra

BigWhiteZ

Reaction score
I will post pics of the swap when I find someone that has leather seats that aren't busted to hell and back that doesn't want brand new retail price for them lol