water along floor/door after rain

AGMAMA2006

Reaction score
Having issues with water getting into the passenger side floorboard along the door after a good rain. I took everything apart and saw where the water is pooling. It doesn't seem to run down the floorboard though. It seems to start at the bottom. Any ideas? I have a 2003 Yukon.

Attachments

• 20140715_192545.jpg
    20140715_192545.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing awhile back on the driver side but it just soaks the matt and thats all but it was because i had some drill holes in mine were wire would go for like a pair of off road lights on the firewall, try looking for holes or cracks on the bottom side

Reaction score
It is a known problem, if you would have visited your local GM garage they could have told you about the problem and the solution.
When the truck was assembled, there is a very good chance that one of the seams in the body was not glued / calked properly.
The spot where it is leaking can be found online - lot's of other forums such as the Avalanche Fan Club - we all had the same problem as you.
I did the repair with a dab of windshield urethane, before that, you could not drive it in the wintertime with the heater on the floor, because the carpet was always wet and the blower - hot air would cause the windshield to fog up.
Just another one of GM's screw ups!

The leak is usually on the firewall - behind the carpet in the drivers foot area, behind the brake pedal, or near where the cable for the E Brake is located.
You can find it with a garden hose and some compressed air!

Reaction score
When GM made that junk, they didn't care about recalls because I believe that they already knew that they were going to go out of business - unless someone bailed them out!
The funniest part of it all was that they were still writing bonus checks for their senior personnel even though everyone was doing a crappy job.
When Government Motors took over, all the crap that happened in the past was wrote off as a loss and they made a fictitious company to asorbe the loss.
You can't really sue them or collect on their faults and failures.

The government figures that if you were stupid enough to buy their junk, you ought to be rich enough to pay them to fix their mistakes.
I caught a lot of grief from my family members for all the stuff that went wrong on the '02 Avalanche I drove.

Many times I was the very first person to complain of the problem and I was the first person to come up with the solution to the problem.
My 02' avalanche was a test bed for all of the problems associated with that gender of vehicle.

Its probably the reason why I have most of the answers to questions regarding failures and problems with that series of vehicle.

Once the vehicle gets to be 5 years old, and past the warranty, GM doesn't even want to look at it or admit that they even built it.
Its called planned obsolescence.
All you can do is grin and bare it...

Members online

No members online now.