2000 silverado ext cab to 2006 ext cab

razorshot

Reaction score
hi im new to the forums and im going to look at a 06 ext cab 4dr that's in better shape then my 3dr and was wondering if the cab would be a plug and play swap on too my 2000 Silverado 2500 3dr nbs
any help or info in the swap would be great

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Are you planning on using the 2006 as parts? I'm not sure what your trying to ask lol got any pics of the trucks?

Sent from Team Sierra

razorshot

Reaction score
my 2000 silverado the cab is not in great shape and this 2006 truck im looking at for parts the cab is in great shape so my question is

will the 2006 harness from firewall plug in to my 2000 engine bay fuse box

I know the cab will bolt up to the fenders and frame its just the wiring that im not sure of, I have the service manual for the 2000 truck and it says the wiring is the same from 1999-2006

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Just of of curiosity is this 2006 whole? And running?

I think if you were to gut all the wiring from the 06, remember where all the 2000s wiring went I'm sure it will work may have to plug a whole maybe or add wire just cuz there may be a few differences

Sent from Team Sierra

razorshot

Reaction score
im thinking if I find the pinouts for the fuseblock c1 plug for both I could just repin the 06 for the 2000 plug

the truck runs and drives but the frame is broke at box and it just a 1500
and I have the 2500 gas so the wiring is pretty close

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Sounds like this will be quite the project, I havent done this before, I'm just curious if the cluster will work with the bigger motor, be nice if all you had to do was unplug all wiring pull away from frames and plug back in, there's a chance it may

Defjnitely have to swap computer, possibly cluster aswell

Sent from Team Sierra

19trax95

Reaction score
The wire is way different as said above. 2003 they started a new system with the wiring. So it will be too different to even make it work.

Members online

No members online now.