2001 1500 ecsb

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Christian. I've had my truck for over a year now, it's pretty stock so far. It's a black 2001 1500 ext cab short bed. It has a 5.3 v8 and a new transmission. It has 284k miles on the engine and body and a little over 10k on the transmission. It has new speakers, head unit and two 12" subs. That and a cold air intake are the only mods that have been done really. I've got a little list of things I want to do;

4" suspension lift
3" body lift
HD front end conversion
Aftermarket smoked head lights and bumper lights
8000k HIDs (not too obnoxious)
Cab lights or a lighted visor
LED tails and clear third brake light
17" methods wrapped in 33 Duratracs
True duel straights

I love my truck but it's 2wd so what I want to do and what I can do are not exactly the same. Anyways, onto some pics:
697596c7085bdd78d7d7fc3e052de54e.jpg

9fe583febecfc72578574cb2957b1a86.jpg

0e6ecf60572f848573a6b3809190593d.jpg

And what I want it to look like eventually:
db4e38ec0b1b976f3ee838c7c034447d.jpg

Any input is more than welcome

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Welcome! Very nice truck, looks really clean! I like the plans, I'm assuming where you live snow and ice don't occur to often haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Welcome! Very nice truck, looks really clean! I like the plans, I'm assuming where you live snow and ice don't occur to often haha

It's been snowing a couple times a year but nothing more then a couple inches. I didn't really get to choose any of the options of the truck. It was just handed to me when my dad bought himself something else. Otherwise I'd at least have 4wd lol

ChristGilley

Reaction score

Thanks for the compliment btw! It needs a bath though. Gonna have to wait until it warms up again, I'd hate for it to freeze lol

Bonecollector

Reaction score
It's been snowing a couple times a year but nothing more then a couple inches. I didn't really get to choose any of the options of the truck. It was just handed to me when my dad bought himself something else. Otherwise I'd at least have 4wd lol

Family truck? Your dad had since reasonably new? I got my 05 from my dad haha

This your first truck?

I washed my 02 a few weeks ago, I just toweled down my seals, doors didn't freeze

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Family truck? Your dad had since reasonably new? I got my 05 from my dad haha

This your first truck?

I washed my 02 a few weeks ago, I just toweled down my seals, doors didn't freeze

It's in my moms name but it was primarily driven by my dad. They got it new. They didn't stop making payments until I was about 13 (18 now). This is actually my second truck. My first was an 81 C10 that we sold because it was gonna cost over 2k just to get it road safe. I still drove often and put some work into but we eventually sold it. My dad bought a 91 Accord and gave me the keys to this truck. I might go around noon and wash it so it can dry and I'll towel dry any nooks and crannies. It still has goat fur from when I hit a goat over a month ago

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Very nice, good to know the history of your vehicles, the 81 would have been sweet to rebuild, too bad you had to sell it

Reading your plans, I'd go with the suspension lift but stay away from body lifts, I don't like them, you can get good clearance out of the 4", my 05 has a 4.5" from BDS love it, that's just my opinion though haha you'd be able to fit the 33s no problem

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Very nice, good to know the history of your vehicles, the 81 would have been sweet to rebuild, too bad you had to sell it

Reading your plans, I'd go with the suspension lift but stay away from body lifts, I don't like them, you can get good clearance out of the 4", my 05 has a 4.5" from BDS love it, that's just my opinion though haha you'd be able to fit the 33s no problem

Ok, good to know! I'm gonna level it out as well and put tow mirrors on it. I hate rake lol. And I loved the 81. Had the 350 in it, bullet hole rims, small lift, some 33s I think they were and true duel exhaust. The thing was mean. I scared a few people revving the engine when they passed (couldn't go over 50, had death wobble) and you could hear it a mile away. It was just all rusted out

Bonecollector

Reaction score
If you look at my build thread my truck basically sits level, torsion keys would help with final adjustments, I have a bit of rake I like it, not sure exactly how the lifts work on 2WD, you have torsion bars like 4x4s on your truck?

That 81 sounds awesome hahahaha

ChristGilley

Reaction score
If you look at my build thread my truck basically sits level, torsion keys would help with final adjustments, I have a bit of rake I like it, not sure exactly how the lifts work on 2WD, you have torsion bars like 4x4s on your truck?

That 81 sounds awesome hahahaha

No, it doesn't have torsion bars. Rough country makes both the suspension lift im gonna get and the leveling kit. I'm not sure how the suspension will work but the leveling kit is just like a block or cuff that sits on top of the front coils. If the truck lives long enough, I may SAS it but right now I'm thinking within my budget lol. It was a beast. I miss it all the time

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Hmmm stacking lifts not good, save for suspension if that's the goal or the cheaper route of the levelling kit, taking advantage of the fact you have spindles is a good idea, just the 2.5 level would be sweet

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Hmmm stacking lifts not good, save for suspension if that's the goal or the cheaper route of the levelling kit, taking advantage of the fact you have spindles is a good idea, just the 2.5 level would be sweet

Would I still be able to run 33s without trimming? I don't wanna have to take a saw to it

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Perfect! Best bang for buck! Haha hopefully that will help you accomplish your height/truck build goals on budget!

It should, only a couple hundred more than what the original plan would've cost. It'll be one of the last rings I do. Lift, wheels and tires will probably all be at the same time

ChristGilley

Reaction score
id get a 6 inch instead, they are the same price essentially

I'm not trying to go too overboard since its 2wd and in on a limited budget. If I still have it and I do SAS it, I'll lift it more