2001 1500 ecsb

ChristGilley

Reaction score
tires arent cheap, when i want to do a dig run like 0-60, i ease into it till about 10 mph so i dont spin them to bad

Yeah they didn't spin too bad on that run. Maybe when it's time for new tires, I'll do a burnout with the ones I have

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Why not buy new tires and roast old ones off? Why do a burn out with new tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChristGilley

Reaction score

That's what I meant. Burning the old ones lol. I would never do a burnout with new tires

silverado13

Reaction score

ive been known to do that, on my old truck, i burned off the old set of 33" bfg A/Ts and then rotated the tires and then burned off the other 2, i did it about 1/4 mile from the tire shop and had to drive there with one popped tire

ChristGilley

Reaction score
8000k HIDs on the way. Gonna be getting some more money soon. Leveling kit, tows and some new front end lenses are definitely happening. I'm thinking about blue LEDs for the interior OR some Spyder LED tails. Opinions?

ChristGilley

Reaction score
a635abab049f40913793e834c0de6b73.jpg

These or the heated ones with LED turn signals. Only thing about the signal/heated ones is if have to do wiring and stuff while the other ones would be direct bolt on. Any experience with them? I'd like to know how difficult it would be to get the turn signals and stuff wired for the nicer mirrors

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I'm doing the heated/power/signal ones hopefully this week, I just got them, I can tell you how it goes, apparently the signals for me are plug and play, but for yourself the signals need to be hard wired in

ChristGilley

Reaction score
I'm doing the heated/power/signal ones hopefully this week, I just got them, I can tell you how it goes, apparently the signals for me are plug and play, but for yourself the signals need to be hard wired in

I decided to go with the LED turn signal tows. I'm on this forum and another where I can find a couple of threads that go through the steps of wiring them up. I figure it'll be worth it and if I decide to put cab lights in down the road, it'll all tie together. Gonna be getting the tows, new front end lenses, leveling kit and hopefully some Spyder LED tails if I have enough. The front end lenses have to happen though because my drivers side bumper lens has a leak that burns out the bulb. Only way to fix it is replace the lens. So
bf42a739f225443db2e1d19abc1a255b.jpg

I'll be getting these. The look of the truck will really start to come together with these and the Spyder tails

ChristGilley

Reaction score
5fc5ff165b263169ae396651c8cbb41d.jpg

These tows. They do bolt right up, they just don't plug right in

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
I'll definitely look into them. I'm all for saving a few bucks as long as I don't compromise reliability. Also thinking about LEDs for the interior. Gauge cluster, HVAC, etc.

Just minding my own business here reading through some threads, and I just realized aren't you the same guy who was bitching me out on gmfs for all the LEDs on my truck? [emoji58]

Oh, and this is the truck that's "essentially" the same as mine right?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Mine plugged right in, signals work instantly after plug in no cutting and splicing, love them

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Mine plugged right in, signals work instantly after plug in no cutting and splicing, love them

Mines an 01 though. Do they have a place for them to plug in? If not, I may just buy the regular ones, I'm not 100% on them yet

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I believe that 03 was the first year that signals were available in the mirrors stock, the power move function and heat will plug in but your truck won't have a spot for the signal, you'll need to run wires from the harness off the mirror down to a spot under the steering wheel

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
I believe that 03 was the first year that signals were available in the mirrors stock, the power move function and heat will plug in but your truck won't have a spot for the signal, you'll need to run wires from the harness off the mirror down to a spot under the steering wheel

No. Nothing will plug in. All needs to be hard wired. Electrical system in these truck changed entirely in 2003. Nothing will be plug n play.

Members online

No members online now.