2001 Silverado ECSB HD2500 front

JB1

Reaction score
This was my dads truck that he bought new. He has health issues and doesn't drive any more. I been trying to get him to sell it to me for last couple years but for some reason he wouldn't, guess he always hoped he would get better and drive again.....truck only has 23,000 miles :D

Long story short......last thanksgiving he got in the truck and was back up and move the truck over little then pull forward. Well his foot got caught brake pedal and on gas pedal and he ran right into the garage. Truck did pretty good but the garage not so much....anyway.....needless to say he handed me the keys and the title realizing that his days of driving were over.

The truck has basically been sitting under oak tree for last 13 years, tree sap, limbs, bark took their toll on the paint, trim etc. I drove truck home and started disassembling front. Decided this was a perfect opportunity to do a front end swap since all parts needed to be repaired or replaced anyway.

I ordered all GM parts except the Chinese park lamps lol, and did a fit up before taking everything to painter but only had him install the hood since other pieces were "custom fit". Got the truck Friday 5/16 and spent weekend putting back together. Still got to install lowering shackles and put on tires/wheels but just ran out of time.

Anyway....been buying parts, doing tune up, hoses/rad fluid, cleaning it while I had time over last 5 months.

Last edited:

JB1

Reaction score
Here's a few before and after pics of the transformation.

BEFORE:

before1_zps19771463.jpg

before2_zpsfd627b55.jpg

before3_zps70ee53e3.jpg

b43_zps0faa5571.jpg

b45_zpsba9ce84b.jpg

before4_zps730e314c.jpg

dad2_zps4ed492bb.jpg

dad6_zpsd55676a7.jpg

before7_zpse9efe05a.jpg

JB1

Reaction score
Thanks

I have always liked this front too, kinda crazy they only made it for 2 years. I read alot of how toos on doing the conversion and most involved welding etc.....the way I did it was super easy

JB1

Reaction score

bucket

Reaction score
Thanks

I have always liked this front too, kinda crazy they only made it for 2 years. I read alot of how toos on doing the conversion and most involved welding etc.....the way I did it was super easy

I agree, it's a really good looking front end. Well not just good looking, but the best looking front end in the last 20 years IMHO.

So what is the way you did it?

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
wow! You really turned that truck around. Nicely done!

JB1

Reaction score
Thanks guys, here's the pics with the GM CK997 wheels and Goodyear Eagle Sport 275/55/20 stock suspension.

done2_zps56a1b7fa.jpg

done3_zpsa422ebef.jpg

done1_zpsc88d0bbc.jpg

JB1

Reaction score
Thanks guys

future plans?.....I plan on adding the GM performance air intake, tint windows, LED bed lighting and bedcover but need advice on soft cover, hard cover painted....tri-fold etc...sure could use some advice on bedcover

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer roll up truxedo soft cover because it still provides some protection but if any hauling is necessary it's easy to roll back. Hard covers look good but make the bed harder to use for items that are taller than the bed rails.

JB1

Reaction score
Thanks, I have the access vanish low profile roll-up on my 2008. Like you said its perfect if you want to haul anything just roll it up. On this truck I really would like something to cover stake pockets and didn't require any clamp on brackets which is why I was leaning towards a soft tri-fold.....only draw back to them is they stick up so darn high (at least it appears they do from online pics/videos). This will be used as a truck from time to time hauling things in bed so full bed access is a must.

decisions decisions

cowboy63645

Reaction score
I have had both soft and hard covers and I prefer the soft covers be far. Yes, the hard covers do look better, but having access to the bed for hauling things is a necessity. Have you looked into the hard covets that roll up? They do not cover the stake pockets but they are more secure and are lockable as well.

Members online

No members online now.