2005 Silverado newbie....

CliffA

Reaction score
hello everyone....i recently purchased a 2005 Silverado 1500 2WD with 127,000 miles...it has base trim and a 4.3 vortec engine with an automatic 4 spd tranny....it is a standard cab with a standard 6.5' bed.....the rear axle has been dropped under the leaf springs to give it a level stance...the truck is mostly used as a commuter vehicle with only occasional light duty hauling......

it is in decent condition....i am in the process of bringing her back to her glory days....let's just say the previous owners did not think twice about hacking things up and making a general mess of things...but the body is straight, the engine runs smooth, and the tranny shifts fine.....and it has a new paint job and new tires....;).....

i have worked on cars/trucks since i was a teenager a LOONNNGGG time ago....back then i was wrenching on muscle cars mostly.....i know which end of a wrench to use and don't mind getting dirt/grease under my fingernails....i have belonged to several forums in the past and understand the general rules so hopefully i won't pee anybody off....

just wanted to introduce myself and begin sharing info about our trucks on the forum....

Last edited:

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
Need pictures of said truck. But welcome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
welcome to the site,it can get a little slow on here but for the most part theres always someone checking in do a build thread so we can see your progress as you go

CliffA

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome.....i'll post some pics of the truck soon....seems like I can't keep the pollen off of the truck this time of year long enough to keep it clean enough for a good pic....

Cliff

Members online

No members online now.