Debadging

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking about debadging the tail gate on my truck, just wondering is it too late? On a 10 year old truck will the paint be too faded to remove the badges? I don't want to take them off only to find out I have to put new ones back one because the paint doesn't match.

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking about debadging the tail gate on my truck, just wondering is it too late? On a 10 year old truck will the paint be too faded to remove the badges? I don't want to take them off only to find out I have to put new ones back one because the paint doesn't match.

mine is a blue metallic and when i did mine it came off perfect with fishing line and 3m citrus adhesive remover no fading on mine just a little dirt that took 2 years to get off

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not too late. You may need to give a good polish afterwards but I'd bet you'll be ok as long as there hasn't been any subpar paint work on that back gate.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Kinda forgot about this I guess, the gmc badge started pealing now so I really wanna get this done but worried it's gonna be different color underneath. Heat gun good idea or no???

Sent from Team Sierra

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Id do the fishing line like 16 lb or so and then cut the foam with that and use headgun or adhesive remove to get the rest off it only took like 5 mins to debadge all my tahoe

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Gonna give it a shot tomorrow. Experimenting on my buddies truck first so I can back out if his doesn't go well :p

Sent from Team Sierra

RAGMC

Reaction score
I removed all the badges off of my new to me 03 HD. No problems with the paint.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Well fellas it's done. Looks good. Took me and bonecollector 3 hours. -_- from 11 until 2 last night.

68fd362368398884a019f1172f19e731.jpg

8db91240cca47bd68adde1191ca05ba8.jpg

Finally found some touch up paint in my color so that's gonna be next weekend then I'll give her a good polish.

Sent from Team Sierra

Members online

No members online now.