Front bumper: Repair or Replace?

Coach40

Reaction score
I got into a tiny little bumper bender with POS Nissan Rogue. Not a scratch on the Rogue, but my 2004 Avalanche bumper is bent with the sides dropped lower then the front by about 3 inches. Hell, I hardly touched the dang Nissan.

Anyway, the dealer and the body shop want 2 grand to fix. I found a new bumper, with brackets, on ebay for $200., but I am told it is a bear to replace. Lots of little clips and everything that are a pain to remove/replace. What the hell happened to being able to replace a bumper in one afternoon with little problems. It's a bumper for cryin' out loud

Coach

962000chevy

Reaction score
If I were you I would crawl under the truck and get comfy IDing every single thing holding the bumper to the truck then decide if you can handle it. IMO a digital camera/phone will allow damn near anyone to replace damn near anything body related on a newer vehicle.

02Beast

Reaction score
My bumper before it got replaced was hanging a little so I got under there to fix it. Not very hard but I would recommend you get to know pb blaster very well

Members online

No members online now.