need 2 more inches!

02Beast

Reaction score
I've got an 02 Tahoe with a 6" lift and 35's but their on a 20x10 so I'm still slightly scrubbing anyone got some good non expensive ways on lifting it 2 more inches?? And the keys are 4 threads from being maxed which I don't want to max them and also I DO NOT want a Cali Lean.

02Beast

Reaction score
And what all would I need for swapping keys also does it bind the cv's or creat a terrible angle? Also I'm steering away from the bl's unless someone on here has got one for the cheap cheap

Last edited:

nate3531

Reaction score
You will probably be at the max without a bl. I think you may need to remove the keys and drop it back to stock, then add a IFS drop member lift. Get your 8" total from a full IFS drop member lift. You will have better CV angles and everything. jmho

nate3531

Reaction score
Okay, then that is easier, buy some ford keys or aftermarket and crank the T-bars, your cv angles will be crap but you can get 2 more inches easy :D

02Beast

Reaction score
No no no lol I do not want a cali lean and I don't want bad cv angles! Doin enough on the suspension pushing 35's and 20x10s

silverado13

Reaction score
I've got an 02 Tahoe with a 6" lift and 35's but their on a 20x10 so I'm still slightly scrubbing anyone got some good non expensive ways on lifting it 2 more inches?? And the keys are 4 threads from being maxed which I don't want to max them and also I DO NOT want a Cali Lean.

thats what she said

nate3531

Reaction score
No no no lol I do not want a cali lean and I don't want bad cv angles! Doin enough on the suspension pushing 35's and 20x10s

Seriously though, let me ask you this, are you going to actually wheel it semi rough off road? If you are do a SAS. If not do the drop member lift in the front and enjoy the new found height.

silverado13

Reaction score
Well it's my daily driver or I would consider an sas and the front x-member is dropped with the lift

is it the same with gmt800s as it is with gmt400s? i know on gmt400s torsion keys are a completely waste of money because you can crank the stock keys until you maz out the upper control are

02Beast

Reaction score
I'm not sure I was told it gives you a true three inches if completely maxxed I wish I had some damn coilovers so I could just get a spacer

nate3531

Reaction score
i didnt like mine maxed out because it stiffened the suspension to much

Same issue I had with my 2001 GMC a few years ago. Wish I still had that truck. I am about to make a sacrilegious move with my 4x4, going to lower it and put street tires on it. I don't need a 4x4 but 1 or 2 times a year but it is irreplaceable during those times. Never have needed more ground clearance though so I see no reason to worry about lowering.

silverado13

Reaction score
Same issue I had with my 2001 GMC a few years ago. Wish I still had that truck. I am about to make a sacrilegious move with my 4x4, going to lower it and put street tires on it. I don't need a 4x4 but 1 or 2 times a year but it is irreplaceable during those times. Never have needed more ground clearance though so I see no reason to worry about lowering.

i had my 97 Z71 for 4-5 years and the 4X4 never worked and becuase i never needed it i never bothered fixing it, now i have a gmt800 and the 4x4 does work, ive been trying to find any excuse to use it, even some off-roading of questionable legality

02Beast

Reaction score
Well I've always had 4x4 but have never really used it like it needed to be used until the other day when I went riding and snapped my cv which caused my wreck the next day

Members online