Reduced Engine Power

TahoeGuy

Reaction score
Truck throws a P2135 code every so often, at all the wrong times of course. Most recently on my way back from an 1100 mile road trip. It loses power, Says Reduced Engine Power, Something about Sys Disabled, Power Loss, etc. I've replaced the throttle body, TPS connector and it still pulled this crap. I noticed the stock wiring is so cheap and thin, that the entire harness may need replacing. Any suggestions before I go through all that? 2006 Tahoe 4.8L 2wd.

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Only thing i know about it is that one wire on the throttle body gets disconnected on the wire but the protective cover is still in contact just the copper gets disconnected

TahoeGuy

Reaction score
I've heard the same thing. The wire gets disconnected inside the insulation but there's no real way of telling which wire or where. I'm pretty sure that's where the problem lies because if I wiggle the wire and reset the code it will run fine all over again. :mad:

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I had that problem, got frustrated with it took it to a small mechanic shop, he was stumped by it for a day then he decided to pull my computer plugs off and noticed they were all corroded, cleaned them up replaced a couple and boom problem solved, been a year and no issues since, most likely the problem comes from the computer being under the hood

Reaction score
Truck throws a P2135 code every so often, at all the wrong times of course. Most recently on my way back from an 1100 mile road trip. It loses power, Says Reduced Engine Power, Something about Sys Disabled, Power Loss, etc. I've replaced the throttle body, TPS connector and it still pulled this crap. I noticed the stock wiring is so cheap and thin, that the entire harness may need replacing. Any suggestions before I go through all that? 2006 Tahoe 4.8L 2wd.

Take it to a GM garage, hand them the keys, have them fix it professionally, pay the bill, go about your life.
Chances are when it went into Limp Mode - it used more gasoline then what the trip to the garage would have cost.
Not to mention mental aggravation.
Some day it will quit running, usually that happens around about midnight on Christmas Eve when you are 100 miles from home and there isn't a garage open for 1000 miles!
You shouldn't ever just start throwing parts at a problem without first looking for the cause..

Members online

No members online now.