Revamping tired exhaust

Bonecollector

Reaction score
hey guys

i have a beat up flow master cat back super 50 kit on my truck, i can't hear it over my tires, i want to true dual it with dual 45 exits

What mufflers should i use for a really nice throaty deep tone? and id like to get some nice 12" long 3.5 inch opening with rolled tips cut on 45s?

tjd2003

Reaction score
A guy I work with just put a super 44 flowmaster on his 99 Sierra. A little different than the setup you're looking for; he has a turndown right after the muffler, but IMO it sounds fantastic! Planning on putting one on my Tahoe very soon..

02Beast

Reaction score
+1 on super 10 I've got one with 35" toyos it's real aggressive even with cats but it's got a nice rumble in high gears you can hear it but it's not screaming

Bonecollector

Reaction score
i want 2 mufflers independent of each other, super 10s would work i think haha but I've never heard 2 of them on a truck before, my old 97 silver ado ECSB k2500 with the 5.7 was the best sounding truck I've ever heard and owned, it was true dual with 2 magna flow mufflers, I'm wondering if that would have the same effect on these trucks

also anybody know were to get the tips i described above?

02Beast

Reaction score
I was going to go dual mufflers with the super 10s but I'm a cheapo might be something I do later down the road and I got mine from jegs and another set from Amazon last set I had to get from the shop because of the inlet and outlet I wanted

nate3531

Reaction score
IMO the super 44 sounds great! I am planning on swapping to the super 44 when I add headers to my truck to replace my magnaflow.

Shoot me a PM when you do, I may take that Magnaflow off your hands if the price is right. I want an upgrade from stock but not much louder.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Talked to a magnaflow rep today, showed me a round style muffer that is available in a bunch of different sizes, it's straight through with acoustic packing, bigger than a glass pack, may go that route when I start buying parts for the job, will definitely check out all the options you guys threw out there, probably a few more months till i get to this

silverado13

Reaction score
Talked to a magnaflow rep today, showed me a round style muffer that is available in a bunch of different sizes, it's straight through with acoustic packing, bigger than a glass pack, may go that route when I start buying parts for the job, will definitely check out all the options you guys threw out there, probably a few more months till i get to this

thats kinda like the moroso spiral flows except they arent packed, it just goes straight through

silverado13

Reaction score
http://www.jegs.com/p/Moroso/Moroso-Spiral-Flow-Mufflers/744819/10002/-1

it really almost is, but here is the kicker, i went from some magnaflow mufflers, to the moroso spiral flow, when the truck is at idle, its a deeper sound but is actually a little more quiet, but when you get down on it or at WOT, they have a great loud sound, my buddy had them on his cammed 2000 SS camaro, they were the meanest sounding exhaust ever, do a youtube search too

Members online

No members online now.