Throttle response

GMC4x4

Reaction score
If it's tbi then you need an adapter that goes in place of the fuel filter to hook a gauge to. If it's a vortec then there should be a shrader valve on the fuel rail you can hook a gauge up to. Most auto parts stores have them and some will loan them.

Edit: Just realized that I was on 800 forum. There is definitely a shrader valve on the fuel rail.

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
If it's tbi then you need an adapter that goes in place of the fuel filter to hook a gauge to. If it's a vortec then there should be a shrader valve on the fuel rail you can hook a gauge up to. Most auto parts stores have them and some will loan them.

Edit: Just realized that I was on 800 forum. There is definitely a shrader valve on the fuel rail.
My dad seems to think I need an adapter. Do I?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GMC4x4

Reaction score
No you should have a pressure relief valve on the fuel rail. Looks like a valve stem cap on it.

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
I'm doing it next weekend I refuse to pay $45 for a tool I'm going to use once my dad's buddy has one

2003tahoe

Reaction score
27167 is our loan a tool number you could use it in the parking lot if your not in a shady area like houston were they need bouncer type guards at the doors if i remember correctly Edit:
it should be between 100-150

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
Figured out it's the idle air control valve. $125 for one

Redbeard

Reaction score
My '99 has had a stumble for about 2 1/2 years. I was stupid though, and added a resistor in a maf wire to try to get better mileage. I assume that I messed up the IAT sensor, but I haven't been motivated enough to get a new MAF. If I let it idle a few minutes before I go somewhere, it's not too bad but underpowered for sure.

Members online

No members online now.