Tire size, Lifted or Leveled

02Beast

Reaction score
Heard they blow out but I've never had a first hand experience so that's why I just out out what I "heard" take it or leave it doesn't matter either way I prefer keys

dirtyhick42

Reaction score
That's the best way, I heard rcx was garbage on their leveling kits, also did you get shock extenders or new shocks?

with my 97, all i did to level it was crank the keys, sounds like thats a bad idea, how come

Crank is crank no matter how it is achieved. I don't see how rcx would be any different than ford keys. I haven't done anything to the shocks even though I know I should I just keep telling myself I will get a lift kit soon so no point in getting shocks haha. Silverado13 on your 97 your keys will crank to the droop stops and the 800s won't so you need to change out keys. We are both just cranked in the end haha.

silverado13

Reaction score
Crank is crank no matter how it is achieved. I don't see how rcx would be any different than ford keys. I haven't done anything to the shocks even though I know I should I just keep telling myself I will get a lift kit soon so no point in getting shocks haha. Silverado13 on your 97 your keys will crank to the droop stops and the 800s won't so you need to change out keys. We are both just cranked in the end haha.

now thats some good ass information right there, i was confused because i maxed out my suspension on my 97 and havent played with my 800 yet

Erki

Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm looking at doing to my truck to the future! Do your tires rub at all? You have exactly the size of tires I want, same size rims and everything so you could grab more info the next time you have a tire off that'd be awesome!!

So what size blocks do you have in the back? And you just cranked your keys to level the front?

Yes there is a little rubbing still on the plastic over the e-brake cable. I have 1" blocks inthe back. Procomp lift keys cranked up to match the back and shock extenders on the front.

Erki

Reaction score
how come no one really talks about body lifts?

I thought about a 1.5" body lift, but my trailer is a 5th wheel so that was out of the question.

As for lift price I got a rough country 6" shipped in the states for $1200.I think the 6 lug trucks are closer to $900. Just check out roughcountry.com for an idea.

Also from what I understand with the rcx lift is the 4" & 6" are the same lift. 6" just comes with bigger blocks for the rear and you crank the torsion bars more for the front to get to 6". I havent installed mine yet so I can't confirm personally.

Last edited:

jESse

Reaction score
my take on rc's leveling kit
http://www.gmc4x4.com/topic/3028-rough-country-leveling-kit/

current set up
18x9 -11 xd addicts
285/65 nitto trails
rc keys - full crank
z71 springs - 1.5 spacers = 3"

1291487_508378145916697_1827043338_o.jpg

1266794_508378352583343_762189017_o.jpg

dirtyhick42

Reaction score
Also from what I understand with the rcx lift is the 4" & 6" are the same lift. 6" just comes with bigger blocks for the rear and you crank the torsion bars more for the front to get to 6". I havent installed mine yet so I can't confirm personally.

That is exactly correct. You either have a 4 inch with flat angles or a 6 inch with increased angles but still not too terribly bad

dirtyhick42

Reaction score

jESse

Reaction score
Seems like all the problems you had with the kit were for the lift part or the shocks which aren't really part of the level. The only thing used to level it are the keys. Shocks are always a personal preference for people and whether or not they blow all depend on your driving conditions and style.

those shocks were supplied by rough country as part of their level package. there really isn't a reason to buy any of rc's kit. keys are the same as stock and 3/4 rubber spacers that fall out are a waste of time

Members online

No members online now.