Erki's 06 1500hd build

Bonecollector

Reaction score
What's the fuel mileage like with the 6.0L in the 1500HD? My brother is interested in one, how's it hauling too?

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could make an older grill work with the newer lights. I might have to swing by pick n pull sometime just to see.

The headlights are the same 99-07c, I think the only thing that changed was the grill itself and bumper, and the corner/running lights

Erki

Reaction score
The headlights are the same 99-07c, I think the only thing that changed was the grill itself and bumper, and the corner/running lights

Ok thanks.

Bonecollector: mileage is not great. DIC says 11.5 right now driving across the city everyday. No highway. My wife drove it too Saskatchewan and got 15-16 mpg highway with a tail wind. It pulls decent but i would like at least 4:10 gears or more next time. Pulled an enclosed trailer from Edmonton to Prince George BC and back averaged 8-9mpg loaded on the way out and headwind on the way back.

On another note i would like to try one of these trucks with the 8.1L Allison combo.

silverado13

Reaction score
Ok thanks.

Bonecollector: mileage is not great. DIC says 11.5 right now driving across the city everyday. No highway. My wife drove it too Saskatchewan and got 15-16 mpg highway with a tail wind. It pulls decent but i would like at least 4:10 gears or more next time. Pulled an enclosed trailer from Edmonton to Prince George BC and back averaged 8-9mpg loaded on the way out and headwind on the way back.

On another note i would like to try one of these trucks with the 8.1L Allison combo.

ive heard mixed reviews about the 8.1 some people love the torque but ive also heard they were sluggish

Erki

Reaction score
Definitely not gm. Would have cost a fortune from what I hear. I dont remember who the seller was. Just went with the cheapest ones I could find.

Erki

Reaction score
I finally got around to painting my hood last night. Unfortunately, it's silver,metallic, gm, and a ton of variances. So its still a bit off But better than before.

Erki

Reaction score
fresh bath and a little before and current action.

20121221_155528.jpg

20140712_204940_zpsxnbm0qq3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.