2003 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure how active this forum is these days but here goes my build thread....

What: 2wd 2003 Silverado Extended Cab Short Bed
Mileage: a lot
Engine: 4.8L

This is your basic no frills truck. It does have carpet, power windows/locks but that's about it. So it's a blank canvas for whatever and pretty close to what I wanted because my boys will continue to learn how to work on cars with this truck and the plan is eventually my boys will share this truck as they start getting into driving age. I figure if they have some input and work on it with me then by the time they are 16 they'll have some blood, sweat and tears into it and hopefully that will translate in being proud of what they're driving and take care of it like it's their very own. We'll see how it works.

The reason I'm here and posting this on this site is I'd like to take a lot of the styling things I like about the SS and incorporate it into this project once it's all said and done so I'm hoping to learn a lot throughout this build.

Current Mods:
Exterior:
--18" K2XX wheels and tires
--Mirrors (need painted and installed)
--Handles (need painted and installed)
--Tailgate relocated kit (needs installed)
--bedliner
--debadged/demolded
--smooth tailgate cap
--shaved stake pockets
--tint
--headlights/taillights

Suspension (3/5 drop):
--Belltech 2508 Spindles
--Belltech 4454 springs
--Belltech 6514 shackle/hanger
--Belltech Shock extenders
--Self Made Fab C-Notch
--Belltech 4600 shocks all the way around

Performance:
--Black Widow Race Venom 250

Future Plans/Mods:
--Rims. Probably 24s. Thinking something along the lines of Factory Reps but we'll see. (Spring '18)
--Full repaint (Fall '17)
--SS Front bumper
--06/07 classic front grill and hood
--Front sway bar (belltech 5402 or Hellwig 7702) and rear sway bar
--Colormatch mirrors, grill, handles, bumpers (same as paint)
--shave third (same time as paint)
--Audio. I kept most of my audio stuff from my 87 so will most likely use much of that and throw it into this. Most likely going with a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX for head unit. (Summer '18)
--More stuff will go here as this thing moves along

Just like all of my "builds" this will be slow so don't expect this all to happen super fast but I'll start picking away at it

Here are before and current state pics

Before
HO6C8Ob.jpg

Now
mNRhXl0.jpg

cgJU6fq.jpg

Last edited:

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This weekend was pretty good progress. tint done and all lights replaced. Brackets for the SS bumper are on their way and will get the SS bumper cover here in less than 2 weeks. Still a couple more things to do before she's ready for paint but we're almost there.

qMx8JBQ.jpg

MYT HI

Reaction score
Looks like a nice truck. I'm having a hard time deciding what drop to use on my rcsb. I do like your stance, doesn't make my choice easier lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice truck. I'm having a hard time deciding what drop to use on my rcsb. I do like your stance, doesn't make my choice easier lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, man :) She's coming along. Recently I've replaced the rockers and cab corners, as well as, been collecting a ton of parts in prep for the repaint. Also start getting rid of the rust underneath and undercoating. She's been transforming faster than I'd anticipated :)

Members online

No members online now.