Erki's 06 1500hd build

Erki

Reaction score
Nope sorry. I ordered it in April or may and just picked it up from my parents place in the states. It's been a long enough wait.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
It's pretty involved, you have to take apart the entire front end of your truck, and there is probably a point where it will tell you to cut off part of the front diff mount to make way for one of the new cross members that support the bottom A-arms, that is the point of no return haha

Sent from Team Sierra

Erki

Reaction score
From what ive heard there are other brand lifts that require no cutting. The rough country instructions are on their website and you can download them. Just find the lift you want and there should be a link to the pdf file

Bonecollector

Reaction score
It's not on the diff, it's a part of the frame, it gets cut back so the cross member can be pushed up and bolted in, then The diff bolts to the cross member, I believe in the picture above its the cross member that has that thin bit

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I tried looking for those lifts, they aren't as big as you want, atleast when I looked a couple years ago

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
There may be some that don't cut, but I believe most will want you to cut, best way to check is read all the PDF instructions and see what they call for, you get most of the lift from the cross members and the new torsion bar locations

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
The one I have is a torsion bar relocate, you just bolt new spot for the torsion bars on top of the A-arm, and the crossmembers make the A-arm lower, that's how mine works

Sent from Team Sierra

Members online

No members online now.