Greetings from Vegas

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
Greetings all!

My name is Michael. My current daily driver is an '02 2500HD with a Vortec 8100 gas engine, backed by an Allison 1000 5-speed.

Last edited:

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
Thanks! It's almost completely stock right now, except for the custom dual exhaust my father had installed years ago. It's my daily driver while my '98 K1500 gets all the love and attention haha.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Got pics of 98?

I wish I had a 2500hd from 99-06 cuz true dual is very easy to do, got pics of the exhaust on the '02?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
I have pics of the exhaust somewhere, just have to remember which laptop they are on haha. Thinking about cutting the muffler off, the exhaust is way to quiet in my opinion.
Just wondering everyones opinion, when I do start this truck as a project, you guys think I should level it or lower it? It's RWD so lifting it is pretty much out of the question. Plus at that time my '98 will be done.

Here is the requested photo of the '98. This is at it sat before I started tearing into it.

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
Here is another photo of the truck, and of the exhaust. I wanted to get more of the exhaust other than the exit, but I don't have any from the last time I had the truck on a lift, so I had to crawl under and take the pictures lol.
The truck

Exhaust exit

The massive muffler

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Definitely need to switch to dual magnaflows or a glass pack of some sort definitely make it louder and help the engine abit due to free flow mufflers

Both trucks look awesome, the exhaust has potential for sure on the green truck, maybe some bigger tips, I like the 90 exits tho they are sweet

962000chevy

Reaction score
The HDS have the same kits for 4wd and 2wd. You may be able to just crank your stock keys to level.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Crank them up or get keys, I think keys keep the ride closer to stock than just cranking the stock ones

962000chevy

Reaction score
Actually crank is crank. Aftermarket keys are simply indexed differently. Stock keys maxed on a GMT800 is roughly aftermarket keys partially cranked. On an HD stock keys from a 1/2 ton will work as leveling keys in the same way Ford keys work on 1/2s.

Erki

Reaction score
My aftermarket keys when leveled were barely cranked on my 1500hd. So id check how much bolt you have to crank on your stock ones first. Might be able to level just with cranking stock keys on your hd.

Yeah crank is crank. Aftermarket keys are just indexed to get more twist into the torsion bar. Equals a really rough ride.

Members online

No members online now.