My 2004 GMC Sierra

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Hey everyone....

I'm from stony plain, near edmonton. BERTA! I bought my truck in July of 2013 as a replacement for my car which was rear ended in May 2013. I love working on it and I love to help anyone out with any problems they might have with their similar trucks. I enjoy installing minor modifications and toying with parts to see what will help my truck and make it perform better.

Anyways....my truck. It's an 04 GMC sierra that I bought privately last summer with just over 230000kms. I didn't know of any of the trucks history at the time but I got a really good deal on the truck and haven't had any major problems with it. Some of my first modifications were a poweraid throttle body spacer, magnaflow muffler and 3.5inch tip, a fibreglass tonneau cover, edge evolution cs tuner, hids from ddm tuning....

At the end of October my water pump seized up (common with these trucks) the pulley broke right off of the pump. My dad and I decided we wanted to save the money and fix it ourselves so I got all the parts, we took everything apart, drained the cooling system, replaced the lower and upper rap hose, ac belt and serpentine belt. It was an all-day affair and since winter was coming fast, wasn't exactly enjoyable either....

Over the months I've added several modifications...I like to do everything myself as much as I can. I've changed all the housings across the front to all chrome spyder ones. I have 5000k 35W HIDs in my low beams and fog lights and 6000k 55W in my high beams. And a relay from mr. Taillight so I can have everything on at once if I want to. I also put a putco billet grill and an AMI polished emblem on the front. Moving towards the back, I have a RBP chrome locking gas door, chrome spyder tail lights, 6000k led daytime and reverse bulbs, and I installed some super bright interior LEDs in all the stock housings, and also hard wired led strips as footwell lights under my dash....I know I am forgetting some modifications because I have spent over a few grand on my truck.

In the past month I noticed my truck misfiring quite often, but it never read a code. I replaced my spark plugs and wires with ngk platinum plugs and wires. Since then, it has been running a lot smoother, but still misfired every so often. My buddy suggested putting dielectric grease in the wires and the ignitions coil harnesses and since then I haven't noticed any misfire. Fingers still crossed...

My edge evolution cs tuner was stolen when my truck was broken in to in April. Makes me angry when people steal tuners because the tuner is useless to any vehicle but mine since it is tuned and locked to my truck. Since then, I have had to put premium fuel in my truck since when the tuner was stolen, my truck was in performance mode....I recently bought just an edge cts insight so I can still moniter all my gauges, my truck is still tuned in performance mode and I plan to leave it that way. Since the cts looks so much more like a GPS than the old cs that I used to have...I wanted to install it where it was either completely hidden or extremely hard to steal. I mounted it inside my overhead console, and by doing this it is mostly hidden, and to steal this one they would have to remove the overhead console with a screwdriver and pull the cable out from behind my dash and through the headliner. Extremely hard so I am very pleased with the results....

Just today, I added Lucas transmissions fix to my transmission fluid to help with the rare slip that I get or hard shifting when it's cold. These trucks transmission are famous for crapping out right around 250000k And km definitely getting up there so anything I can do to make my transmission last a little longer or work a little better, I'm willing to do. I already noticed a difference after putting the tranny additive in. It's the original transmission. This weekend I plan to put Lucas fuel treatment (injector cleaner) and hoping that will help with my mileage, even though it's already pretty great!

That's about it. All I can think to tell you guys about my truck right now. I have a few plans for mods in the future...maybe a cold air intake or a lift kit or levelling kit.....I look forward to posting about any future modifications or maintenance and appreciate any help with anything. I'm also very willing to help the best I can with anyone you guys wanna do to your trucks so if you have any questions about mine, let me know!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Thought I'd splurge a little today while I was at JBs power center....

I went there just to look around, and found out when I got there they were having a massive sale... The salesman ended up convincing me to get an air aid CAI for my truck. I have been interested in one for quite a while now but not quite so interested that it was gonna cost me around $500.... I ended up paying around $300 for everything (including the salesman giving me $25 dollars out of his own pocket!). Pretty good deal if you ask me! Here are some photos from the install.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it yet, but so far im pretty impressed with the results. If anyone is interested in this specific intake, it is air aid part #200-247.

Also, here is a video of the truck running...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aCWkyCTlOQ

cheers

Last edited:

silverado13

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I went there just to look around, and found out when I got there they were having a massive sale... The salesman ended up convincing me to get an air aid CAI for my truck. I have been inetrested in one for quite a while now but not quite so interested that it was gonna cost me around $500.... I ended up paying around $300 for everything (including the salesman giving me $25 dollars out of his own pocket!). Pretty good deal if you ask me! Here are some photos from the install.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it yet, but so far im pretty impressed with the results. If anyone is interested in this specific intake, it is air aid part #200-247.

cheers
im not going to lie, ive always been against cold air intakes (although i always end up buying them) i just never though there would be that much of a performance gain, but i just bought one of the ebay ones from xyz tuning because i just hate the look of all that plastic, and i put it on last night and to be honest i notice a performance gain as well as it looking better and sounding better
10299821_722718761111948_826223431_n.jpg
heres mine

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
im not going to lie, ive always been against cold air intakes (although i always end up buying them) i just never though there would be that much of a performance gain, but i just bought one of the ebay ones from xyz tuning because i just hate the look of all that plastic, and i put it on last night and to be honest i notice a performance gain as well as it looking better and sounding better
10299821_722718761111948_826223431_n.jpg
heres mine

They do help quite a bit with acceleration and throttle response. Played around with mine a little more today and I love how it sounds and looks. I gotta say, after putting the pedal to the floor and hearing it at its full potential, holy moly is it loud! I honestly can't say I would go out and spend full price on one, but the deal I got was pretty awesome. I'm happy that I did it.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Magnaflow exhaust / signal light upgrades

Thought I'd make a little video on my exhaust setup. it is simply just the stock exhaust with a magnaflow small body muffler and 3.5inch dual wall straight edge tip. I didn't want anything too loud and didn't want to spend too much money. Very reasonable cost for the performance gains you get. Plus it sounds A-M-A-Z-I-N-G IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELzX2ctlBA

Also another little tweak i made the other day... 6000k cool white leds as corner lights. They are really cool when you see them at night. I have 3157 leds (and resistors) coming in the mail for my signal lights. Probably have them in by the end of the month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDOTc6bvVxA

silverado13

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I went there just to look around, and found out when I got there they were having a massive sale... The salesman ended up convincing me to get an air aid CAI for my truck. I have been inetrested in one for quite a while now but not quite so interested that it was gonna cost me around $500.... I ended up paying around $300 for everything (including the salesman giving me $25 dollars out of his own pocket!). Pretty good deal if you ask me! Here are some photos from the install.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cheers

did you have your pully off for some reason?

silverado13

Reaction score
oh my bad, blonde moment, in the center picture i looked at it fast and thought that was a pully, but its the piece that goes into the filter

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
oh my bad, blonde moment, in the center picture i looked at it fast and thought that was a pully, but its the piece that goes into the filter

Yeah haha it's the piece that goes between the MAF and the air filter. Didn't really bother getting anything out of the way when I took that picture I guess....

Bonecollector

Reaction score
You should put some of those LED strips in your box for when you open your Tonneau cover at night

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Yes it is! My friend has it on his dodge, and with a solid tonneau it'd be beneficial because you can actually see what's going on or where your tools are when it's dark out

Members online

No members online now.