My 2004 GMC Sierra

silverado13

Reaction score
i wouldnt even use a cover, itd be cool just to have, i saw on ebay a kit that is a light strip that goes under the rails, looked awesome

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Yea but if you already have a hard tonneau cover and it's painted the same as your truck might as well keep it and use it haha they are costly and painting is expensive

silverado13

Reaction score
oh yeah definitely, if you have a cover then use that sucker, but i dont think i could ever see myself spending the money on one

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
I've looked in to doing bed lights, I decided I want to run a wire between my cargo lights and my reverse light, then tap in to that for bed lights. That way I can hit my cargo lamp button in the cab, and all those lights will come on, and the reverse lights give me some light behind the truck as well. Maybe a project for the summer.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Just run wires from the dome light switch back, won't be too bad, go through the firewall and follow the parking brake back and sneak up in the corner of the bed

Last edited:

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
That's a good idea too....that way when I turn my interior lights on I also turn the bed lights on. I still want to have the reverse lights as well though. They emit a lot of light to the rear of the truck which is nice when I'm back there at night.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
That's a good idea too....that way when I turn my interior lights on I also turn the bed lights on. I still want to have the reverse lights as well though. They emit a lot of light to the rear of the truck which is nice when I'm back there at night.

Tractor light, putting dome and reverse together is a bad idea, adding some LEDs to the dome light would be alright tho, not the reverse lights, 1 large work lamp would be ok to it's own switch and power

Last edited:

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Maybe I'll put those flush mount LEDs in my bumper, led strips in the bed and wire all that to it's own switch

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
I put LED 194s in my cargo light, they worked until the truck is turned off, next time you hit the switch nothing happens, I think adding resistors would fix the problem but I don't have any ATM. I just left mine since I don't use them with my tonneau cover anyways. So mine aren't functional right now but I might add resistors soon.

I don't want to put all that on the cargo light, the wiring is pretty small, might not be sufficient to power those little led flush mounts otherwise it would be fine. I want those ones in my bumper obviously for lighting purposes at night but also to give tailgaters a nice little surprise.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Here's a photo with the LEDs in my cargo light. While they still worked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 5

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Well wiring in resistor would solve the problem I'm sure. I didn't bother cause those lights are useless to me with my tonneau anyways

Members online

No members online now.