My 2004 GMC Sierra

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
I got 2 amber 3157 and 2 amber 194 for around 12 dollars I think. Plus I bought a bunch of load resistors for $5 a pair

silverado13

Reaction score
looks really good man, once i get into HIDs for this truck i might consider that, im hessitant about doing lights because i went crazy with lights on my 97, and between all the lights, the HIds and the efan conversion, i had to get a 200 amp alternator just to support the extra power usage

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Depends how you set everything up, hids won't hurt a gmt800 but I am going to get an hid harness from ddm so it's not pulling all that power from my stock wiring. Also putting LEDs can't hurt it cause they use less power than stock. I have a friend who has an 05 escape that we tried to put hids in, the stock wiring wasn't good enough to power them, and before I even got the chance to get a proper hid harness the hids pooched his battery and his alternator, so he just took them out and cut the losses

Last edited:

Bonecollector

Reaction score
The reason LEDs use so little power is because they are just Light Emitting Diodes, meaning current can only flow one direction through them, so polarity is key, when it's running (+) to (-) they light up, most of the time trucks will hyper flash because the LEDs don't have much for resistance as they are forward bias current gates essentially, adding resistors in series gives the circuit the resistance you need for it to operate as if an incandescent bulb is in its place, putting lots of LEDs shouldn't stress the alternator and battery that much itd be minimal

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Ran a wire between my drl and low element signal, now my whole bumper light is a drl/parking light, I think it looks pretty cool....now I don't have signals on the front lol, hopefully the new switchbacks I have in the mail will fix this, if not I'll add Amber led strips somewhere in the front, any suggestions for where anyone?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 9

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Hey guys. I actually finished up this project a couple days ago but haven't had a chance to write about it. I got my new led switchbacks in the mail maybe a week or so ago now and I've got them installed and functioning properly. Here is a quick 6 second video of them with my hazards on.

http://youtu.be/bNBJwZPtP5A

And here is another longer video that better shows the functionality of the led switchbacks in the turn signal. I noticed in this video that my camera is not working properly, it looks like the led isn't flashing properly sometimes? That is not the case, problem with my camera not the leds.

http://youtu.be/41EOYUlnCAw

Basically the setup that I'm running is obviously a resistor wired to each signal and then I've got a wire ran between my parking light (low element or white led light in my case) and my drl. By doing this when I drive in the day time my drl is the full bumper light housing, until I signal of course, then it alternate white and amber. Same thing happens at night. Had I not ran that wire between drl and parking light, in the day time it would flash like a regular signal (i.e. Amber off amber off) but since I've got that wire there the parking light is activated and the led thinks it's in night time mode so flashes amber white amber white no matter what the time of day.

If anyone is interested in this leds here is the link to the ones I bought from dt auto tech. http://bit.ly/T6ioYF

Cheers

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been very active on the forum lately guys, Facebook page kinda took over my life for a while lol, I have a few updates on my baby. Recently I've installed switches in my cab, changed out my third brake light for LEDs, and began installing bed lights. Unfortunately the bed lights will be another couple weeks or so before I can complete. Anyways here are pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 7

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
In the next few weeks I will have my bed lights and also planning on swapping out my MAF sensor for a cleaner one I found at my local pick n pull.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 7

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Haha I will be doing a DIY guide for the bed lights in a week or two when I'm back from my vacation, it's quite the setup, I built the whole thing myself from materials from eBay and cad tire cause I don't like the little kits they make

Members online

No members online now.