N00bie 1500hd

stevens1092

Reaction score
Hello im Eric, from michigan i just picked up a gmt800 the other day after months of searching for the right one. I picked up a 03 1500hd 1 owner car in dark spiral gray metallic, ccrb 4x4 it took awhile to find the right now after looking at a few. Its going to be my daily driver and occasionally towing my rx7 around once thats finished. Only real plans for it is going to be 18x9s in the spring and leveling it for now. now onto the pictures.
when i found it online it had all these horrible stick on chrome accents that had to go day 1.

now the truck without all the chrome

the bedrails are not on in this picture but there now sprayed in bedliner and drying now.
and the car that will be getting towed by it.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice welcome to the forum! How did you find us here? How come you decided on just a 1500 HD and not a 2500 HD or even diesel if you are going to toe your RX7 around?

Amazing how much better the truck looks with all that chrome off. :D

stevens1092

Reaction score
The rx7 doesn't weigh that much plus I'm going to be using open trailers 99% of the time so getting a deisel is kinda overkill right now for what I need even though I do want one bad. This is gonna do everything I'll need it to do just fine. Plus this is pretty much a 2500 non-hd. I don't think I'll be towing more then 6k with it ever really and I don't tow to often. Its got a 6.0 and a 4l80 which was exactly what I was looking for in a crew cab.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
1500HDs are sweet, yours looks super clean, way better without all the extra chrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Lmfao I love the picture of you giving the chrome pieces the bird. I've wanted a crew cab 4x4 HD forever. But they're overpriced around here so that won't be happening for awhile. Nice truck, can't wait to see more

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Coyote56

Reaction score
Hello! From one noobie to another, nice truck! I really like the color, I believe its the same color as my truck.

Members online

No members online now.