2001 1500 ecsb

ChristGilley

Reaction score
I'm just worried about your paint. I hope it's not faded underneath and if it is you can find a way to buff it or something

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone

I'm gonna wait until it's warmer outside and then wash it after my project. Odds are it'll be faded but I've gotta wash it before I use the bed liner on it so it'll be goo-gone, wash, bed line it. I want another truck but that doesn't mean I gotta roll around in a truck that looks like everyone elses lol

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
Sold the topper. Can anyone (who isn't a member of GMT400) guess what I've got planned next? I'm job hunting currently. Once I land one, I'm gonna take out a personal loan and get a solid, clean 400 ext cab z71. The 01 will still be around but I'm 19 now so it's high time I started making my own way.
What I've been telling you to do for forever now lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ChristGilley

Reaction score
What I've been telling you to do for forever now lol

Lol but you is on GMT400, so you already knew. But I need new headlights too :( the blinker/DRL housing on the driver side is busted where the bulb goes in so the DRL burns out fast because of water leaking in

ChristGilley

Reaction score
This cold weather really sucks. I wanna get some work done and it's below freezing. Hopefully this upcoming warm weather will give me the time I need. You guys with the same body style as me, have you considered pulling the valence off?

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
This cold weather really sucks. I wanna get some work done and it's below freezing. Hopefully this upcoming warm weather will give me the time I need. You guys with the same body style as me, have you considered pulling the valence off?
The front one? If so you'll be missing half of your front bumper

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
Lol yeah. Not like it really serves a purpose for me but I'm not sure how it'll look with the bedlined chrome
Personally wouldn't bedline the chrome but these trucks need that lower valence. Unlike the gmt400 trucks where it can just be taken off and still have a full bumper

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Personally wouldn't bedline the chrome but these trucks need that lower valence. Unlike the gmt400 trucks where it can just be taken off and still have a full bumper

I'm sick of all the chrome. It looks like every other ruck like it. Maybe if I bedline the valence on both bumpers so the bumpers are all black instead of black and grey

MYT HI

Reaction score

Leave it. It looks really bad without it. They look great when painted black though

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Leave it. It looks really bad without it. They look great when painted black though

I was leaning towards keeping it and just bed lining it. I'll do the same with the rear. I just need it to warm up. If this was a forever truck and 4x4, I'd swap out the front bumper for a Tahoe z71 bumper

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sold the topper. Can anyone (who isn't a member of GMT400) guess what I've got planned next? I'm job hunting currently. Once I land one, I'm gonna take out a personal loan and get a solid, clean 400 ext cab z71. The 01 will still be around but I'm 19 now so it's high time I started making my own way.

So you are planning on getting a GMT400?

ChristGilley

Reaction score
So you are planning on getting a GMT400?

That is the plan. I'm still driving this truck and have a couple things I wanna do to it in the mean time but I've wanted a 4x4 for a long time and I'm trying to make that a reality

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the plan. I'm still driving this truck and have a couple things I wanna do to it in the mean time but I've wanted a 4x4 for a long time and I'm trying to make that a reality

So we may not see you on here much but more on gmt400.com. Am I right. :p

ChristGilley

Reaction score
So we may not see you on here much but more on gmt400.com. Am I right. :p

Lol I already frequent that site actually. Once I stop being the primary driver of this truck, I'll probably be over there more but I'm trying to learn about this truck while I'm driving it. It almost sounds like you're trying to get rid of me :eek:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol I already frequent that site actually. Once I stop being the primary driver of this truck, I'll probably be over there more but I'm trying to learn about this truck while I'm driving it. It almost sounds like you're trying to get rid of me :eek:

Ha ha, nope. I own both of them so if you are on either one, that's fine by me. I just hate to lose a user on this forum as its just starting to pick up. :)

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Ha ha, nope. I own both of them so if you are on either one, that's fine by me. I just hate to lose a user on this forum as its just starting to pick up. :)

I can safely say that this truck isn't going anywhere. It's in my moms name and shes made it very clear she doesn't want it going anywhere, I'll definitely be staying on this site. Plus I have at least a few months of driving it. That's optimistic thinking, the job hunt isn't going very well. And I thought your name seemed familiar, I just wasn't sure if it was a coincidence lol

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can safely say that this truck isn't going anywhere. It's in my moms name and shes made it very clear she doesn't want it going anywhere, I'll definitely be staying on this site. Plus I have at least a few months of driving it. That's optimistic thinking, the job hunt isn't going very well. And I thought your name seemed familiar, I just wasn't sure if it was a coincidence lol

Not a problem. Glad you are on either or both. Good luck with the job search. What type of work are you looking to get into?

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Not a problem. Glad you are on either or both. Good luck with the job search. What type of work are you looking to get into?

Just entry level at the moment. I don't have a degree yet so my choices are a little limited. What really sucks is that almost everywhere has you apply online so it kinda takes away some of the experience and face to face that would usually be really beneficial

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Something tells me I'm gonna like the blacked out look. I just wish I had the money for new lamps up front

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 7

ChristGilley

Reaction score
Weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend. Hopefully it'll be good enough to let me get this stuff done. I'd like to at least get it debadged and demolded. That'll be the easiest thing to get done, bed lining is what's gonna be difficult since I have to do it in my driveway

Members online

No members online now.