5.3 headers

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Took me a 2 hrs for long tubes mine slid right in just had to get another y pipe made for the highflow cats love them and the sound

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Have you made a choice yet on headers? If not, shorties are your best bang for your buck for DD, towing, mud, modded motor, something better then stock flowing to help compliment a cat back, but not super radical like long tubes that would require more time and effort to install verses a bolt on and go pair of shorities. And FYI long tubes will always be a MAX EFFORT performance enhancer when compared to manifolds or shorties. For a few reasons, full length tubes, tuned tubes, different merge collectors, better scavageing abilities to name a few.... All of those qualities equal more HP :). Hope this helps

i think his choice was shorties if i remember right its on facebook page

Reaction score
Took me a 2 hrs for long tubes mine slid right in just had to get another y pipe made for the highflow cats love them and the sound

My long tubes are from Texas Speed, they are "OK" but the matching ORY was super awesome, Kooks will be my next pair with new motor

Last edited:
Reaction score
My first set they sent me had a 1/8th pin hole around the flange that leaked terribly, then they sent me new ones and let me keep the old ones. Now I have a new repaired set Of LT's to use for my next swap project

silverado13

Reaction score
Get some texas speed long tubes i have them on my 03 tahoe with high flow so im still somewhat legal and they sound good had y built for around 100 for everything shorties imo are just for looks ill post a video later if you want to hear how it sounds

where did you get them wires?

silverado13

Reaction score
i bought some bosch from autozone because i always pull them apart on accident when i try to remove them but, i want a fice color set, i had some tyalor wires on a car i had, they made a difference, what milimeter are they?

2003tahoe

Reaction score
ive been using the factory metal ones, i dont think they are very attractive though, summit racing have the sleeves?

i dont believe they do and i think ebay is cheapest place i found them i need to get some more since my shaft ate the top of one since the crush shaft part broke on me

Members online

No members online now.