Column gauges for 1500 5.3L?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
i was wondering if they have gauge sets that mount on the pillar for 5.3L motors? also what do they show? and will i have to add sensors?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
hmmm which ones would be good ones to know? usually 3 spots? tranny fluid temp is a good one to know, what else?

dirtyhick42

Reaction score
They make them with either 1 2 or 3 spots maybe even more I'm not sure. Without any real performance mods you are just using them for show so you can throw whatever you want up there and it won't make a difference. But if you tow a decent amount then yes trans temp would be good. Other than that I am not big on the performance side so Idk which ones are common haha.

danzick

Reaction score
I would get a dual gauge pillar if you really want one. Trans temp and fuel pressure.

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Theres the ebay triple pod pillar(about $30) in my tahoe i got air fuel and voltage since i do audio id try looking into the aeroforce interceptor i think jennabear had one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 3

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Theres the ebay triple pod pillar(about $30) in my tahoe i got air fuel and voltage since i do audio id try looking into the aeroforce interceptor i think jennabear had one

that looks awesome!! ill have to keep researching this, i like the idea of trans temp and fuel pressure though

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Also keep an eye out on ebay daily deals thats were i got my aem afr gauge for half off and brand new forgot to post that to at the time i was half asleep

2003tahoe

Reaction score
yea mine is mount over just trying to find another factory one so i don't drill out the only one i have also i need a better one because the factory mount on back is eaten from my 15's shaking it loose

silverado13

Reaction score
just dont cheap out when you get them, i did with my gmt400 and the quality was just crap, then on top of that when i complained to the ebay seller that i bought them from, i got the worst attitude imaginable

silverado13

Reaction score
i had transmission temp, fuel pressure and air/fuel in my 1997, but now my new cluster has trans temp and im going to put a permanant fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail, and i dont care about air/fuel, i dont need a gauge pillar

2003tahoe

Reaction score
just dont cheap out when you get them, i did with my gmt400 and the quality was just crap, then on top of that when i complained to the ebay seller that i bought them from, i got the worst attitude imaginable

i had the same thing from an ebay seller i was saying how the holes were not even circular he said it was to fit circle guages ovals and triangular gauges and i was like find me a triangular gauge gave him the lowest rating and then a month later he was gone frome ebay same thing with thethrottlebodysuperstore selling already p&p throttle bodys, never sent then wanted to do a backdoor deal for 50 probably just wanted the money and kept its well same thing with him gone a week later never to be seen again

silverado13

Reaction score
i had the same thing from an ebay seller i was saying how the holes were not even circular he said it was to fit circle guages ovals and triangular gauges and i was like find me a triangular gauge gave him the lowest rating and then a month later he was gone frome ebay same thing with thethrottlebodysuperstore selling already p&p throttle bodys, never sent then wanted to do a backdoor deal for 50 probably just wanted the money and kept its well same thing with him gone a week later never to be seen again

lol mine didnt even have holes, there was absolutely no way to secure it to either the stock one or to the truck, after going back and forth with him and he was a complete ass, i said screw it, gave him bad feedback, and moved on, i had to modify it like crazy to get it to fit

2003tahoe

Reaction score
lol mine didnt even have holes, there was absolutely no way to secure it to either the stock one or to the truck, after going back and forth with him and he was a complete ass, i said screw it, gave him bad feedback, and moved on, i had to modify it like crazy to get it to fit

Did you use screws or glue or something else i just dont want to be seing screws or having the glue crack like my overhead ac controls did when i had my sub going that pic i posted was a test fit with 3m tape

2003tahoe

Reaction score
So couple days old but i just installed my gauges couple mins ago i had to wait for an a pillar off ebay to come in just so i have my factory one still intact and well i have the voltage gauge on the top and a air fuel on bottom both by aem and the middle is a dummy gauge i bought from autozone and cut the probe off so thats why its a dummy gauge just wanted something to fill the empty slot in so its not all ugly here it isimage.jpg

Members online

No members online now.