2000 sierra rcsb lq4 4l80e 14 bolt build

DMarts10

Reaction score
Haven't made too much progress lately, as my truck is parked outside, and it is hot as hell out. Got a bunch of the wiring hammered out, but still have some work to do with the injectors, e fans, PCM grounds,and abs sensors. Also just bit the bullet and bought pacesetters LTs ceramic coated, and proper frame side engine mount brackets. It took a tech from gmpartsdirect to get the parts numbers for me. I had a lot of trouble finding them. So as long as the weather stays bearable I should start making headway again on Monday. Here's the latest wiring pic.

508341E3-B6DE-4F72-BC95-AB522A32AF44_zps78hswk4q.jpg

DMarts10

Reaction score
Finally got my frame side motor mounts in the mail yesterday, and was able to install them today. They bolted in no problem, after lifting the engine a few inches. I didn't have time to do much more, other than cut an ear off the bellhousing so the passenger header could clear, and installed the passenger header. I assume I will have to cut the same ear on the drivers side, for clearance as well.

2FB68CB6-3E52-4D5F-9B64-26EFFA9C4423_zpsrzglxopm.jpg

DMarts10

Reaction score
I finally gave up on this wiring nightmare and ordered a harness. I went with PSI. I had then modify it for a 4l80e, e-fans, a/c, and the ls6 injector connectors (ev1 I think). All cost $570 with shipping. They said it would be shipped same or next day. I just don't have enough time to deal with this rats nest and drive it before winter. I also bought an aluminum driveshaft out of a 2500 express van this week for $115 on eBay, which I will have new u-joints installed, balanced, and likely shortened. I'll measure it up after I get the rear end in (hopefully this weekend).

DMarts10

Reaction score
Wish I had the time and patients to finish organizing them, so I'll leave it to the professionals this time

silverado13

Reaction score
some times you just gotta look at the cost, if its worth $570 to get one built, then hell why not, especially if you are short on time

Members online

No members online now.