2000 sierra rcsb lq4 4l80e 14 bolt build

DMarts10

Reaction score
Been a while since my last update. After I pulled the diff apart I discovered it not only an open diff, but the pinion bearings are toast. I ordered a truetrac and a master install kit for it. At least it has 4.10s. I also sent my PCM to pcmforless for a tune and gave Keith the rundown on what I want deleted etc. I also have my psi harness installed,but will be making modifications to retrofit the nss etc. also had a custom driveshaft built locally, with slip yolk built in, because it's an old style truck 80e. Once the rear is done I can install the driveshaft and fill the trans with fluid. I also finished my custom grille. Cost me next to nothing and gives a great look.

3CE010A5-AC72-4CAC-ACCF-A99BC59A3CBB_zpssv5bovvg.jpg

DMarts10

Reaction score
couple pics from today's work

pacesetter y-pipe modified to fit under 80e pan and hook up to flowmaster cat back
B5823277-8768-4A9E-AF77-3DC1FEA85277_zpsjwqjbvkc.jpg

39CFE367-2061-4CF6-89AC-C47E76CCCABC_zpswyypiiqc.jpg

the almost ready to fire up shot
313AD4D5-DB08-467E-B9DC-30171E2C5302_zpspg1svijf.jpg

looks clean
04AD913A-8AA1-4C95-95A5-9D850FA2D698_zpseughz04k.jpg

DMarts10

Reaction score
Ever thought about getting 8 lug rotors for the front?

It's not possible unless I weld the stud holes up, drill and press in 8 studs. Usually guys will weld and machine the front hubs and rear axles for 5 lugs, so that they have more options as far as drag wheels go.

nate3531

Reaction score
Mismatched for now.

Cool, if you figure out a cost effective way to run a 14b sf rear and convert to 6 lug please please please post it up. :cool:

My first thought is buy custom axles from Yukon to fit the 14b but in the 6 lug pattern. I read somewhere you could get replacement axles for a Silverado SS and it would be a bolt in for an 8 lug rear to 6 lug. I am not sure about that though.

DMarts10

Reaction score
Moser welds and redrills stock axles and rotors in a six lug pattern. I'm not too sure of price but people do it. An option is the silvy ss rear which is a hybrid 14bolt 6lug, but doesn't have the strength that the 8lug 14 bolt sf rear has.

DMarts10

Reaction score
So i finished the truck (i know it will never really be finished) about a week ago, but i felt as though I wasn't putting the power down to the wheels that I should have. Engine felt good and trans shifted great, but the torque converter felt like poo. I called jegs and ordered another converter. It showed up a few days later, only to find that the pilot was too deep for the long style crank. Jegs hadnt specified that it would not fit the early 6.0 cranks, because they had no knowledge of the issue. After explaining the issue to them they were kind enough to custom order me a tc from hughes in phoenix, and not charge me the difference ($175). I received it two days later and it installed perfectly. I went with 3000 stall locking converter. The only thing left to do is bring the truck down to Slowhawk in Bridgewater, Ma next week. Don is going to retune the truck for me, because the mail order tune I currently have is junk, well good enough for a burnout.

DFF1A484-BF87-4AEE-9014-6CAA83F5DE2C_zpspbd2t40e.jpg

Canadian

Reaction score
WOW. Great build thread. Quite the effort - well worth it.

Moto Metal makes wheels that have the same design whether 6 or 8 lug so I'm guessing there must be others. Would make quite the clean look on your truck and make for instant double takes....

Myself, all I want is the FST LSXRT intake, with maybe the 102 TB to go with it. Mostly bolt on with a little (hopefully) tuning.
Mind you, I could live with a different cam, some head work (or swap), headers, better exhaust, better torque converter, suspension work (a little lower), tail gate spoiler, cowl hood, EDO Zone front bumper, rolled rear bumper, replacement seat skins, Cadillac steering wheel, removal of running boards........

DMarts10

Reaction score
WOW. Great build thread. Quite the effort - well worth it.

Moto Metal makes wheels that have the same design whether 6 or 8 lug so I'm guessing there must be others. Would make quite the clean look on your truck and make for instant double takes....

Myself, all I want is the FST LSXRT intake, with maybe the 102 TB to go with it. Mostly bolt on with a little (hopefully) tuning.
Mind you, I could live with a different cam, some head work (or swap), headers, better exhaust, better torque converter, suspension work (a little lower), tail gate spoiler, cowl hood, EDO Zone front bumper, rolled rear bumper, replacement seat skins, Cadillac steering wheel, removal of running boards........

Haha yeah I still have a long list of things to do on this project too. You listed a few of them for sure. I just ordered a wet 200 shot nitrous plate kit from nitrousoutlet.com with all the goodies, I will be sure to update this thread when I install them, and I ordered wheels and tires. I went with ion alloy style 171 wheels. They have an 8 and 6 lug design as well. Went with 16x8 for the front and 16x10 rears. I got Mickey Thompson et street 28x11.5 rear tires.

Last edited: