Bonecollector's 2005 GMC Sierra

silverado13

Reaction score
im curious to see how leveling kits are on gmt800s, on my gmt400, i put a leveling kit on and it made my CV shafts last about 1000 miles

Bonecollector

Reaction score
It's about the same on the 800s, suspension is very similar, the kits are just keys and blocks

My friend just did it and 285/75/16s rub on his 05 silverado ecsb 4x4 1500

Sent from Team Sierra

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
That's all I've got done to mine so far. I think it's rough on my CVs, I replaced my old ones right after I put the kit on. And these new ones are starting to sound strange. It's like the rubber boots are binding up.
But I'm not sure if that's because they're O'Reilly brand or because of my angles

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Lucky haha. Mine wasn't a problem until I put my leveling kit and 33s on. I think it was on its way out, but extra stress didn't help it any

You have the rough country leveling kit? With rear blocks? If a guy didn't go with 33s would it avoid causing issues such as destroying CVs? My brother is interested in leveling his 06 to get a little more clearance

Sent from Team Sierra

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
Yessir, I like mine, but it seems to put stress on old front end parts. My front end has over 215k miles on it, so it didn't approve of the kit.
But other than that, and my cheap CVs, the leveling kit is great, and real easy to install if you've got a ball joint press. I've got my new keys about half cranked and 33s are about all it'll do like that

silverado13

Reaction score
i need about $300 more to finish my head swap, all i need is pushrods, head studs, head gaskets, and exhaust gaskets, then i can start worring about the lift, what dont you like about the level

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
I don't know how much you actually save like that. I couldn't find just blocks and keys by themselves. But yeah I'm gonna get some good ones eventually haha

Members online