Bonecollector's 2005 GMC Sierra

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
I think I'm lucky down here, not a whole lot of people with these trucks are in to working on them themselves, so the salvage places are pretty stocked on em. I've only found 2 trucks new enough to have e fans though

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
I'm down here in Shreveport Louisiana. We've got one pick-a-part that has started buying newer trucks at insurance auctions instead of just salvaging vehicles. But there's also tons of our GMT800 around here in the salvage yards

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
Haha only about 4 hours. The U-Auto Pull it in Alexandria has a ton of gmt800.
Yup, sure do. One of these days when he decides to take the body lift off his truck I'm gonna go give him a hand with it

Bonecollector

Reaction score
All the GMT 800s here only last like a week or two, get picked over super fast, then they get crushed after there's nothing really worth taking left

Sent from Team Sierra

silverado13

Reaction score
Haha only about 4 hours. The U-Auto Pull it in Alexandria has a ton of gmt800.
Yup, sure do. One of these days when he decides to take the body lift off his truck I'm gonna go give him a hand with it

thats whats up, ill have to go take a trip up to alexandria and go check out the u pull it, its would be a fun day trip

silverado13

Reaction score
All the GMT 800s here only last like a week or two, get picked over super fast, then they get crushed after there's nothing really worth taking left

Sent from Team Sierra

same here, now the pull a part puts liquid glass in the motors so generally the 5.3s are still in the trucks because they are ruined but the rest of the truck gets stripped by mexicans in about 2days

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
thats whats up, ill have to go take a trip up to alexandria and go check out the u pull it, its would be a fun day trip
Yeah, I gotta make a trip down there too. I was down there for work a couple weeks ago when I stopped in to check it out, didn't have time to get anything though

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
Most definitely man.
It'll be a couple weeks for me too, gotta do my whole front end, ball joints and everything before I make a road trip like that lol

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
I can't say for sure because I haven't done mine yet. I know that it's easier to replace the A - arms than to press the upper ones out

silverado13

Reaction score
i havent had to do mine yet either, and if its cost effective ill just replace the a arms because i spent an entire weekend with my 97 trying to get the stock rivets out

silverado13

Reaction score
i havent had to do mine yet either, and if its cost effective ill just replace the a arms because i spent an entire weekend with my 97 trying to get the stock rivets out

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
It might not be super cost effective, but you're gonna have to replace the bushings in the a-arm anyway, might as well knock it out all at once. Plus, if you go with Moog a-arm they have 2 degrees of camber more, and work better for a lifted truck

BigGraySophieTheSierra

Reaction score
Lucky haha. Mine wasn't a problem until I put my leveling kit and 33s on. I think it was on its way out, but extra stress didn't help it any

Members online