Erki's 06 1500hd build

Erki

Reaction score
Last i checked Goodyear silent armor tires(305/55/20) on sale buy 3 get one free. Was still $1700. Some atturo.tires (33/12.5/20) were more like $1300.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
How's the lift coming? When I did mine it took 2 weeks :( I was working 10 hour days (700am-530pm) then going to work on my truck from 700pm till 1100pm every day after work

Sent from Team Sierra

Erki

Reaction score
Slowly. Hope to get most done Saturday. In between working and taking care of my boy when my wife works. I work on it when I can. I can do some when he goes to bed but I'm right out his Window so hammering and power tools are out. And he doesn't like the loud tools when he's outside. But I'll get it done sometime. Passenger side nuckle and axle are out. Just to do the drivers and start dropping cross members.

It's handy I live close to work so I can ride my mtn bike. But next weekend we plan to go camping so will have to have done by then. Along with lifting the trailer.

Last edited:

Bonecollector

Reaction score
That's good, when you finish it's the best feeling ever haha, atleast you can bike to work, I had to borrow my dads truck :p

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Mines not at full crank, just sits level, I also put new leaf springs in the rear instead of blocks

Oh and your going to want to get a wheel alignment after your done and tell them your torsion keys may be out a little

Sent from Team Sierra

Erki

Reaction score
Yeah they already know I'll be coming in for an alignment.

Did you Tell them about the keys so they get it level side to side?

How much lift Did you get in back?

silverado13

Reaction score
i never tell them about the keys, that way they dont try to pull a fast one, although the shop i go to is a little ma and pa place and they are really honest

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Yes, I told them about the keys so it was equal side to side, I had made measurements of the amount of the bolt that wasn't threaded in at stock ride height, but wanted to be safe

And probably 4.5" in the back maybe even 5" my keys are at "stockish" so my truck has a little angle to it but looks damn near level right where I want it

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Around here they won't reset it, you can ask them to crank them up to fit bigger tires

Sent from Team Sierra

Last edited:

silverado13

Reaction score
The previous owner of my truck maxed the stock keys out, I don't like that because I don't know how long they've been cranked

Erki

Reaction score
Put in about 11 hours today. The front is so close I can taste it. But I need a 9/16 drill bit to bore out the bottom of the tie Rod hole on the nuckle. That's about it. Other than loading up the torsion Bars and putting the wheels back on.

About noon. It was time to do some cutting,grinding, and puttin stuff back together.

The fin grinding with trial fitments.

Starting to look better.

Got some help again.

Where I left it for the night.

Members online

No members online now.