Erki's 06 1500hd build

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I believe RCX moves the back end of the torsion bars and keys down instead of mounting a new spot on the A-arm, I don't know much about them though, all the ones I have seen move the A-arms and torsion bars in some way

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Front crossmember
ra5epysy.jpg

Rear cross member
u6a9uqej.jpg

You can see where the torsion bars new spot bolts on the old spot pushing your A arm down and lifting the vehicles front end up, and you can still turn your keys up if you wanted, just to the might of the torsion bar is where I had to cut part of diff support to slide the rear crossmember in and where the diff is supported now

Sent from Team Sierra

Erki

Reaction score
With all this help it might take a little longer. We've got the brakes off, torsion bars unloaded, all the nuts loose and ball joints broke loose, as well as the cv bolt. Ready to take the knuckles off tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

Erki

Reaction score
Bonecollector was it you wanting specs on my wheels? I measured them tonight because I couldnt find any markings showing offset. But they are 20x10 with 5.5" back spacing. Which in thoery would be a +12 offset

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Thank you!! I'll see If the tire place will be able to get anything from that lol you putting those back on with the lift?

Sent from Team Sierra

Erki

Reaction score
I googled the rims and sounds like they were offered with 0 offset with 5.5" back spacing. So thats probably the correct numbers.

Yeah im going to try them with the lift. My buddy that wanted to buy them found some 22s for his duramax. Id still like some smaller wheels with neg offset. Stick em out a bit. But time will tell.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I'd like to see if they work still with the lift, how wide are your tires?

Sent from Team Sierra

Erki

Reaction score
Yeah I'm crossing my fingers on them fitting. They recommend 4.5" backspacing to clear the knuckles but that's for 16" rims. I read somewhere you can get away with more backspacing with the larger rims. Tires are 305s which are approx 12" wide.

Members online

No members online now.