Bonecollector's 2005 GMC Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
It's basically an electrical check valve, allows it to flow one direction, probably would make it so you had no control over your lights lol just on all the time

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
hytytupy.jpg

Picked this up today, going to install it as soon as I get home, pictures will be going up of the install, link below to kit, I got the dry filter with mine

http://afepower.com/shop/details_ne...l=Silverado&year=2006&engine=5.3L&&brandID=56

Sent from Team Sierra

silverado13

Reaction score
i got a CAI strictly becasue i hate all that plastic under the hood, but that one should add a noticeable amount of power

Bonecollector

Reaction score
$392.00 after taxes, there are ones that cost more

Sent from Team Sierra

Last edited:

Bonecollector

Reaction score
adaba7en.jpg
6ava2aty.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, got it in, had to drill a few holes out bigger, intake tube was not fun to get in

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
So happy the truck has them stock, I'm thinking my 2002 needs an E-fan, I think the best cheapest route for a new fan is go to a parts store with your radiator measurements and order some flexalites, or you can pick an pull a stock one

Sent from Team Sierra

silverado13

Reaction score
i still have to do a little research, i know the 05 radiator is bigger then the 2000 radiator so i couldnt just bolt it right up but i want to see if i can make a 05 radiator fit in my 2000 then slap 05 fans on

Bonecollector

Reaction score
i still have to do a little research, i know the 05 radiator is bigger then the 2000 radiator so i couldnt just bolt it right up but i want to see if i can make a 05 radiator fit in my 2000 then slap 05 fans on

Measure your rad and compare to 05-06, best way to check, if they are different going to the parts store will work also

Sent from Team Sierra

BAMAZ71

Reaction score
05+ rad is 34" inside the tanks 99-04 is 28" inside. But the 05+ fans and radiator will bolt right into 99-04 trucks. The fans will bolt into where your factory radiator is now and there are bolt holes already there for the 34" radiator. But before you do all that you have to get a tune to tell the pcm to turn the fans on and youll have to upgrade from a 105amp alt to at least the 05+ 145amp alt. Someone correct me if that is wrong. I'm in the middle of getting the parts to swap Efans in my 03 silverado. All I have left is the rad,fan harness, and alt.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
05+ rad is 34" inside the tanks 99-04 is 28" inside. But the 05+ fans and radiator will bolt right into 99-04 trucks. The fans will bolt into where your factory radiator is now and there are bolt holes already there for the 34" radiator. But before you do all that you have to get a tune to tell the pcm to turn the fans on and youll have to upgrade from a 105amp alt to at least the 05+ 145amp alt. Someone correct me if that is wrong. I'm in the middle of getting the parts to swap Efans in my 03 silverado. All I have left is the rad,fan harness, and alt.

Can you swap to an 05 computer instead of tune?

Sent from Team Sierra

BAMAZ71

Reaction score
I don't think so. But not sure on that. But if you got a custom tune you can do a lot more than just turn the prompt for the e fans. IMO a tune is without a doubt best thing you can do on 99-present vehicles.

Members online

No members online now.