1999 GMC Sierra Z71 DD

silverado13

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess you could call it that. The term that gets used out here more is "prerunner"

we aint got no sand or dessert here in louisiana, but we do have alot of mud :) so i wouldnt know anything about that style, didnt dodge make a truck that was supposed to compete with the ford raptor, that was that style?

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Nice looking truck man! I have a similar truck but newer, wasn't too stoked about the color when I bought mine either, but they do look pretty great sitting in the sun. Think my color is a little lighter than yours tho! Here's a suggestion, if you haven't already, those signal light housings look amazing if you put led drl bulbs in them. I have the same housings and love mine, especially when you hit unlock on the fob when it's dark out :D

Cheers

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Yeah I have amber DRLs already, just some of the cheap ones, and I have a nice 13LED in the corner bulbs. I need to get around to upgrading the DRLs and the turn signal/parking lights though.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Yeah I have amber DRLs already, just some of the cheap ones, and I have a nice 13LED in the corner bulbs. I need to get around to upgrading the DRLs and the turn signal/parking lights though.

I left my signal lights stock for now, pain in the ass to add resistors. I might add led signals in the future. IMO the cool white LEDs look sick for drl, pretty cheap on eBay too. I also have them in my reverse lights.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Adding resistors isn't too bad. Or there is also the option of just replacing the flasher relay under the dash with one designed for LEDs. That is what I did with my '97

02Beast

Reaction score
Yeah Chevys got the reaper and Toyota has something to I forget. Here is my next endeavour
Screenshot_2014-05-04-11-11-12_zpszlvx66ps.png
[/URL][/IMG]
I prefer this white one I'm just not sure on how it would look on my mgs any suggestions??
Screenshot_2014-05-03-20-05-35_zps0drqyow0.png
[/URL][/IMG]

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Its funny, on the white one, all the BLM and Border Patrol that drive the Tahoes, the front bumpers all set up like that. I actually like them quite a bit

02Beast

Reaction score
Alot things don't fit in alot of places but you diversify and make trends I only so what I like personally screw everyone else but if they do like it awesome we clearly have something common

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alot things don't fit in alot of places but you diversify and make trends I only so what I like personally screw everyone else but if they do like it awesome we clearly have something common

I agree with this. Being the same or doing what everyone else is doing can be boring. I like when people do their own things many times :)

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Adding resistors isn't too bad. Or there is also the option of just replacing the flasher relay under the dash with one designed for LEDs. That is what I did with my '97

I've never heard of changing the relay....how would I go about doing that? Do you have more info on this?

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
It is under the dash, it is a tiny little black cube/box thing. It is only like $4-5 if I remember correctly.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/search/led-products/flasher relay/

Thanks...

Changing the relay could possibly be an issue for me...I'm got so many extra wires behind my dash (additional interior lights and tuner and such) zip tied to stuff that it may not be easily removable for me....I will definitely look in to it once I get around to putting led in tho!

I will probably change my signal lights to LEDs in the next little while...thinking I'll probably just add resistors when I do tho. I just hate wiring! And those dumb little t-taps that come with resistors are useless. Especially come winter in canada.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Thanks...

Changing the relay could possibly be an issue for me...I'm got so many extra wires behind my dash (additional interior lights and tuner and such) zip tied to stuff that it may not be easily removable for me....I will definitely look in to it once I get around to putting led in tho!

I will probably change my signal lights to LEDs in the next little while...thinking I'll probably just add resistors when I do tho. I just hate wiring! And those dumb little t-taps that come with resistors are useless. Especially come winter in canada.

So don't add the resistors... change that relay. way easier

Staff online

Members online