1999 GMC Sierra Z71 DD

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Well haven't done much to either truck, been dealing with house stuff so I was trying not to spend any money until we got our keys.

So we are officially in our brand new home, prerunner has a garage, and the girlfriend is no longer a girlfriend....

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Now in the house, the Sierra is getting somewhat close to needing new tires.... so after the better part of 7 years, I think I am going to finally go to a 17" wheel.

MYT HI

Reaction score
Congrats on the house and the girl! As for wheels I've been eye balling oem 20s or nbs escalade 17s they both look pretty good imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MYT HI

Reaction score
Hm not a huge fan of the center caps but otherwise they look great. Remind me of method "the standard"

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Well ended up getting some PTM handles, now to just collect the rest of the parts I want color matched. Truck is looking pretty bad and could use some fresh paint.

MYT HI

Reaction score
I have one CMed handle for my truck, can't find a reasonably priced drivers side. Are those gm handles?

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
My passenger side doesn't either, if I could I would run no key locks but I don't trust my fob that much

I agree on the fob statement. Mine was acting up from time to time, then I dropped my keys and it hasn't worked since. I have a spare one, going to slap a new battery in them and see if that fixes my issue. If not, will be getting some new ones.

On a side note, after this round of bills are paid, think I will be ordering my new wheels. And then slowly start picking off new heims for the steering and new CVs and a hub (already have a one).

MYT HI

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I've got a better job so I've been stacking up parts, I got new shocks, complete tie rods (with sleeves) and planning to basically rebuild the steering and rear axle. I'm probably gonna take it to a shop to install the steering parts so I don't ruin my newish tires

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Yeah, saw your thread about having a new job and the tie rods.

I have some ideas/tricks up my sleeve for the suspension, but I will have to slowly pick at that after I get the front all rebuilt and new tires. Not made of money haha

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Well the new wheels showed up today... I liked the machine look, but not sure how long I will like it. So I will probably still get these powder coated a nice gloss black.

Members online

No members online now.