1999 GMC Sierra Z71 DD

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Well, got a voicemail from the guy rebuilding my trans while I was at work stating that, "have some interesting information about your truck"... at that point my stomach dropped fearing the worst for my bank account.

So instead of calling back, I just stopped in and walked into this sight....

After attempting to move it, he thought it might be the transfer case, since it made a loud "thunk". So he pulled the transfer case out and cracked it open, he said it looks almost brand new still. So in his words, I got a free transfer case inspection! He is going to install the Corvette servo since the truck is in the air and I already dropped it off. Should have it back tomorrow.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Well to check back in from the repair.... rearend got rebuilt, he went to take it for a test drive, it was shifting into 2nd weird. Put it back on the lift and dropped the pan, well, sure enough, there were some shavings and teeth.

Needless to say, truck runs great and seems like it has more balls and hooks better.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Well I got bored and went a little OCD on the interior today. Floor mats are out and will get washed when I wash the truck tomorrow, cup holder is in the dishwasher as I type! haha

For being over 16 years old and only having a couple tears in the driver seat, the interior is in perfect condition.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Well, nothing to really update on either trucks... but the prerunner is getting a new garage and the red truck is getting a new driveway. Should get our keys in June....

Bonecollector

Reaction score
House looks like it's coming along! Your truck is pretty sweet I'd love to have a full load interior in my 02.
In the south do you get much hassle over window tint? I'd like tint but not worth the tickets [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
House looks like it's coming along! Your truck is pretty sweet I'd love to have a full load interior in my 02.
In the south do you get much hassle over window tint? I'd like tint but not worth the tickets [emoji17]

We have only lived here in Texas for about 10 months. I personally haven't been pulled over for it (*knocks on wood*), but majority of people have their windows tinted here, just not as dark as mine. I would say even like 90% of the cops have all their windows tinted.

I got warned twice back home in SoCal when I had it.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I have family in Texas and I believe most have some form of tint cuz you pretty much need it haha my cousin had really dark tint on his windows and windshield don't think he had much trouble, the window tint saves your interior down there, lots of trucks have broken dashes from the heat I've heard

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Yeah, it gets pretty warm here. Nothing too terrible though, about the same as Southern California, it might get a bit more humid though.

Not sure about the dashes, but I don't not believe it. I have been really good about using a sun shade when the truck is parked. Helps keep it cool when you get back in it, plus I don't want the interior getting beat to shit.

Reaction score
I live in Alabama and I got 5% all the way around with a 10" strip up front and cops in my town compliment me on it

Reaction score
Nice, that is always a relief!

I have heard mixed things about TX with window tint and having no front plate. And I am also guilty of having no front plates on any vehicle I own.
My friends old f250 had 5 over 5 over 20 on every window with 10 on the windshield and he was showing a bunch of cops and they were loving it

MYT HI

Reaction score
The laws in Wisconsin are pretty weird about tint. I think you can only have 35% on the sides, a small brow (like oem) a
So basically factory privacy Tint is illegal. I have seen so many dark cars that I think they don't care, I want to do 20% on the doors and 35% on the shield. That should keep it nice in the summer and not allow people to see a ton inside

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
The laws in Wisconsin are pretty weird about tint. I think you can only have 35% on the sides, a small brow (like oem) a
So basically factory privacy Tint is illegal. I have seen so many dark cars that I think they don't care, I want to do 20% on the doors and 35% on the shield. That should keep it nice in the summer and not allow people to see a ton inside

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone

Well I know back in Commifornia.... I mean California, the laws as far as tint were pretty cut and dry. No tint on two front windows or windshield, and the back windows can be dark as you want, could even paint them if you wanted.

Members online

No members online now.