What have you done to your GMT800 lately?

04-2500HD

Reaction score
Oh how I hate living in a state that uses salt...... Front drive shaft is seized into the t case.

I'm attempting to replace the torque converter so I can get consistant TCC lockup

04-2500HD

Reaction score
Well this whole process isn't going as I had planned.....

Both cooler lines snapped off, multiple trips to part store ended unsuccessfully. Time for a trip to the dealer on Monday. Oh how I hate the dealerships prices.

After 24 hours I finally got the front driveshaft out of the t case

Bonecollector

Reaction score
1 of the bolts on my skid plate is stripped, has an Allen key style screw, I need to use a screw remover set on it, not impressed, feeling the same pain right now, I only wanted to change front diff oil, should have taken 20 mins, still needs to get done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04-2500HD

Reaction score
This is how I had to remove my t case
1b5da86c35db17adcc7d6f1e116d5e96.jpg

Bonecollector

Reaction score
If you can just weld a nut to the head of it

I had thought of that but going to save it as a Last resort, going to try this first then do that if it doesn't work, I don't have a welder, have to go to my friends house

04-2500HD

Reaction score
Ouch, that doesn't look like fun, job complete? Or still ongoing?

Still on going. Have to wait till at least Monday to finish.

Both trans cooler lines snapped instantly while trying to loosen them so I have to get one from the dealer plus the fittings in the transmission. The parts store could only get one of them, they don't have the ability to get the other.

But in other news. Trans and t case are installed back in the truck with new torque converter. Need to install drive shaft, bolt up TC to flex plate, put starter in, fix trans cooler lines and start shopping for a front drive shaft.

It took 24 hours of soaking it in liquid wrench, trans fluid/acetone mix before I could get it to even remotely budge out of the t case. I deformed the yoke hitting it with a hammer trying to save money by not having to tear apart the t case.

squeaky3

Reaction score
Installed a console jump seat in place of the just work truck middle seat that doesnt fold. Also installed my cb radio and my light strobe module.

click on pic for video

04-2500HD

Reaction score
Finally got my torque converter project done! Works like it should now. I never want to do that again lol

GMC4x4

Reaction score
Ordered a new set of TYC turn signal/daytime running light housings. The originals were a little foggy and one of them holds water bad. What would yall recommend for bulbs in them? I was thinking about some LED replacements but I've never tried any. Anyone running some in their turns and have some pics?

squeaky3

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind that console, they dont have it for a leather interior though huh?

I dont think they have it for leather. I thought the leather trucks had the full console. I would love to have a full console but I have the 4wd shifter in the way so now I at least have an arm rest and more storage in the small regular cab

silverado13

Reaction score
I dont think they have it for leather. I thought the leather trucks had the full console. I would love to have a full console but I have the 4wd shifter in the way so now I at least have an arm rest and more storage in the small regular cab

yeah i believe that had that setup specifically for the floor shifter

Members online

No members online now.