What have you done to your GMT800 lately?

GMC4x4

Reaction score
Got it up on jack stands today to determine where a popping/clunking noise was coming from. Looks like my pitman and idler arm are trashed. Then I cranked the torsion bars a little to get my front right tire to stop rubbing in reverse.

GMC4x4

Reaction score
f2f2cc6535f4760f6c9d9a5ed47a8de3.jpg
6df7472038d4032a010b1762d146ccdb.jpg

GMC4x4

Reaction score
It's at the shop getting the pitman arm and idler arm replaced along with an alignment.

GMC4x4

Reaction score
Was the steering loose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a little lose going over bump, didn't instill alot of confidence at speed with those 33x12.5 MT'S. It drives better now but I still have that loud popping noise I've been chasing. Now it's almost constant. The front end mechanic that did the work today said the rest of my front end is nice and tight and that he believes the noise is coming from my rear leaf spring bushings and shackles. I can hear and feel it in the front floorboard though, but I guess I'm feeling it traveling through the frame.

GMC4x4

Reaction score
Could be the steering column making the noise and shaking

Shaking is gone now with the new pitman arm and idler. I'm going to buy a torch and replace the leaf spring bushings with some polyurethane ones and get some new shackles next.

squeaky3

Reaction score
Put my downpipe and 4" straight pipe on tonight. Was hoping to get the manifold drilled and tapped for my egt probe and install my edge too but that didnt happen as the bugs were bad.

Heres a teaser of the tip...

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Cleaned the carpets in the silver truck, blue truck is enjoying the garage spot I made for it, hopefully gonna get the blue one out for a nice highway run next weekend

f983243d50ea1fe43d60027497def40e.jpg

Mongothemango

Reaction score
Which one? I currently have 4 . Pulled engine and trans for a swap on the 99 rcsb (Red Race Truck) and did wipers on 01 ecsb a few days ago.

Erki

Reaction score
Developed a coolant leak yesterday on the way to work. Wiped it down and ran it at lunch and best i an guess at the moment is somewhere on the lower part of the radiator. Guess I'll be pulling the rad now and searching.

Members online

No members online now.